Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I need help finding a safe...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    dgey
    Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 431

    If you're locted in the San Francisco Bay Area, go to "Traders" in San Leandro. I was there yesterday looking for the same thing. They have a selection 2nd to none..., from a couple of hundred dollars to top shelf safes you are speaking of. Impressed the hell out of me..., and that's not easy... Be sure to speak with someone and have them show you the selection that actually have, not just what's in the store.
    Last edited by dgey; 04-09-2008, 2:38 PM. Reason: more info
    Doug

    The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals...[I]t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.
    --- Oct 7, 1789, Hist. Soc.-A.G. Papers, 2

    support your local gun dealer in CA as they are a rare breed and subject to nonexistence...

    Comment

    • #17
      mcubed4130
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Mar 2007
      • 1239

      Originally posted by SunriseF150
      I really like Sturdy Safe. I have narrowed my purchase down to them. All of the other name brand safes I was looking at (Browning, Fort Knox, ect.) all used 10 & 12 gauge bodies, while Sturdy Safe uses 7 & 8 gauge bodies.
      +1 on Sturdy Safe.

      After I saw what a fire-axe can do to 10 gauge... I decided 7 gauge was appropriate.

      -M3
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

      Comment

      • #18
        DLaw
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 2074

        Originally posted by snobordr
        I am way liking the products made by Visalia Safe, saw one at a show in Reno a couple of years ago, figuring when I get a house that will be what I am going for.
        A big +1 For Visalia safes I have one and I love it. Check them out call them up and tell them what you want. The people are super friendly and they make good stuff.

        Great peoople+ Great product =WIN!

        Comment

        • #19
          4D5auto
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2007
          • 706

          Fort Knox only!
          NRA Life Member

          Comment

          • #20
            SunriseF150
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 1791

            Fort Knox: From Base model up to higher models.
            Maverick - 12 gauge steel, Uni-body construction (1-1/2" total body thickness).
            Defender - 10 gauge steel, Uni-body construction (1-1/2" total body thickness).
            Protector - 10 gauge steel, Uni-body construction (1-1/2" total body thickness).
            Guardian - 10 gauge steel, Uni-body construction (1-1/2" total body thickness).
            Executive - 3/16" steel, Uni-body construction (1-9/16" total body thickness).
            Titan - 3/16" steel, Uni-body construction (1-9/16" total body thickness).
            Legend - 3/16" steel, Uni-body construction (1-9/16" total body thickness).


            I really liked the Fort Knox safes when I saw them. Actually I saw a bad *** one at the reno gun show a few weekends ago. it was a burnt copper metallic color with some carbon fiber look "racing stripes" going down the front of it. But I just can't get over how thin walled the base model safes are. You have to spend a LOT more money to get a comparable thick walled model.
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1