Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ATF inspection

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Addax
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2006
    • 4080

    Is this just an inspection of your C&R rifles that you purchased under your C&R ffl or for all of your firearms (C&R or Non)?

    I have my C&R, but I have not used it yet for firearms purchases for my personal collection.

    Just curious.

    Thanks,
    Chris
    ADDAX TACTICAL
    1431 Truman St.
    Unit E
    San Fernando, CA 91340

    Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

    Phone: (818) 361-5008

    Comment

    • #17
      RossRinSD
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 2371

      Originally posted by Addax
      Is this just an inspection of your C&R rifles that you purchased under your C&R ffl or for all of your firearms (C&R or Non)?

      I have my C&R, but I have not used it yet for firearms purchases for my personal collection.

      Just curious.

      Thanks,
      Chris
      I'm pretty sure its for your C+R rifles only. But there is always some concern about what an ATF agent might see. I'm assuming that is part of the reason the OP chose to do it at their office. But, because I'll probably have mine done at home for convenience sake, and because they schedule it, I'm going to have everything else put away.

      Comment

      • #18
        hd0642
        Banned
        • Aug 2006
        • 545

        Originally posted by finfan
        I drew the lucky C&R inspection stick this week! Just thought I'd report in.
        It went really well agent was courtious & efficient, checked bound book, cross reference serial #s, & a brief overview of regulations. Nothing to sweat.
        how long have you had your license? i let mine expire after the 3 years and was thinking of doing it again. my understanding is that i can actually chuck my bound book from the previous 3 years and just keep a current book with my current license, how would that play out with an inspection considering ive picked up 50+ pieces with that first run.

        Comment

        • #19
          finfan
          Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 150

          They want to see all C&Rs (aquired & disposed) with your licsence. During my exam I took out a modern .22 while digging out a K98 from my safe.
          Agent: Is that a C&R (referring to my .22).
          Me: No
          Agent: Just C&Rs please.
          Me: OK
          They wont snoop around or touch anything other than your bound book.
          sigpic Member

          Comment

          • #20
            finfan
            Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 150

            Originally posted by hd0642
            how long have you had your license? i let mine expire after the 3 years and was thinking of doing it again. my understanding is that i can actually chuck my bound book from the previous 3 years and just keep a current book with my current license, how would that play out with an inspection considering ive picked up 50+ pieces with that first run.
            I've had it almost 3 years. I'm letting mine expire also. There's no requirement in the regulations for us to keep the bound book (or turn it in like an 01ffl). With a new licsence your operating under a new ffl# and a new book. I would think you start over fresh. Beyond that, a call to the ATF for clarification would be your best bet.
            sigpic Member

            Comment

            • #21
              run8
              Senior Member
              • May 2006
              • 875

              Did you recieve notification via mail you were going to be inspected with a date already supplied or did you have to confirm the letter and then set up the date by calling in?
              "Freedom is only protected by those who prepare to die"

              Comment

              • #22
                finfan
                Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 150

                I came home from work to find a note taped to my door, instructing me to call & schedule an appointment for inspection.
                sigpic Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  M. D. Van Norman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2002
                  • 4168

                  Any indication as to why BATFE is doing this?
                  Matthew D. Van Norman
                  Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    finfan
                    Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 150

                    She said that C&R issuance has increased dramatically, eventually they want to have every 03 holder inspected at least once during their 3 year term.
                    I think urban C&R holders (near ATF offices) maybe more likely to be inspected in the future.
                    sigpic Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      M. D. Van Norman
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2002
                      • 4168

                      Matthew D. Van Norman
                      Dancing Giant Sales | Licensed Firearms Dealer | Rainier, WA

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        vandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 2867

                        I was told it is because CA laws have run a lot of 01 dealers out of the state, and as a result ATF in CA is overstaffed.

                        Originally posted by M. D. Van Norman
                        Any indication as to why BATFE is doing this?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          NRAhighpowershooter
                          Super Moderator
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 6485

                          There is NO way in hades I'd bring my C&R's to a ATF office.. they's have to come to my house.. I surely not transporting 30+ firearms to them..... I'd have my C&R's in the livingroom for them to look over.. I DEFINATELY would NOT let them into "The Bunker" (my gun room in the garage)
                          'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '

                          Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Moonclip
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 4390

                            Originally posted by finfan
                            I drew the lucky C&R inspection stick this week! Just thought I'd report in.
                            It went really well agent was courtious & efficient, checked bound book, cross reference serial #s, & a brief overview of regulations. Nothing to sweat.
                            That was so neat how they came to your house! One of the many reasons I don't get a C&R is no
                            t wanting them in my home or having to transfer huge amounts of firearms to their office for them to see if that became the case.

                            I can only imagine an ATF agent coming to my home for a C&R inspection especially in my neighborhood and home, locked gate, motorcycles parked on lawn, pitbull running around the yard. I'd invite her in, offer a beer, and get to business I suppose!
                            .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                            7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                            9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                            .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                            .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                            20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              -hanko
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jul 2002
                              • 14174

                              Originally posted by Moonclip
                              That was so neat how they came to your house! One of the many reasons I don't get a C&R is not wanting them in my home or having to transfer huge amounts of firearms to their office for them to see if that became the case.
                              A complete misunderstanding of the process.

                              You can have it done at the atf office or your place, that's YOUR choice.

                              The interest is in the bound book, not the weapons; i.e., I requested the audit at the atf office, they told me to bring the bound book only.

                              -hanko
                              True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                              Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                              Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                              A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Moonclip
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 4390

                                So there is no legal basis where while having a C&R they could ask to see the guns themselves whether in your home or in their office?
                                .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
                                7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
                                9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
                                .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
                                .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
                                20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1