Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ82 Bubba?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Capybara
    CGSSA Coordinator
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2012
    • 15653

    CZ82 Bubba?

    I guess I can see why someone would do this, I have seen some pretty nasty, paint chipped CZ82s. Mine, fortunately, is pretty close to pristine with just one are a minor chipping on the grip. What do you think about this and what would you do with a functionally perfect, but really ugly paint chipping CZ82?





    Last edited by Capybara; 03-31-2014, 5:09 PM.
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

    sigpic
  • #2
    Emdawg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 4292

    I do believe I have seen one chromed. That acutally looks like a decent paint job. Even bought a matching green lanyard.
    *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

    Comment

    • #3
      joefrank64k
      @ the Dark End of the Bar
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2009
      • 10124

      I think that looks pretty darn cool...much better than a beat-to-hell example IMHO.
      You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
      If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
      Come on...what harm??

      joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

      Comment

      • #4
        DennisCA
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 4069

        Must not look.......DAMN I LOOKED!

        Actually it isn't bad - sure is different
        "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

        Comment

        • #5
          eagle eye
          CGSSA Associate
          • Jan 2011
          • 1169

          Comment

          • #6
            Eddie1965
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 1465

            Not as bad.
            When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
            For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

            Comment

            • #7
              Capybara
              CGSSA Coordinator
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2012
              • 15653

              Is that a Duracoat frame eagle eye? What's that color?
              NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Capybara
                CGSSA Coordinator
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2012
                • 15653

                I am of mixed feelings about both of these. My CZ82 is from the 90s so I kind of barely consider it a C&R, it's definitely more Curio and not very Relic like. They have history but pretty recent history and for some reason, I don't feel as reverent about not touching my CZ82 as I would about my M39. I think if mine were thrashed and looked like heck, I would consider something like what these two have done. They both look pretty nice to me. Chrome plated, OTOH, kill it with fire!
                NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  morrcarr67
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 15053

                  My Cz82 is going to get a coat of Duracoat some day. I'm thinking black and grey.

                  Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                  Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                  Originally posted by Erion929

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    eagle eye
                    CGSSA Associate
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1169

                    Originally posted by Capybara
                    Is that a Duracoat frame eagle eye? What's that color?
                    Grey and titanium.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      eagle eye
                      CGSSA Associate
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 1169

                      Originally posted by morrcarr67
                      My Cz82 is going to get a coat of Duracoat some day. I'm thinking black and grey.

                      Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nevada Hudson
                        Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 482

                        To each his own!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Capybara
                          CGSSA Coordinator
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 15653

                          Wow Eagle Eye, you've been keeping some paint shop busy! Very nice.
                          NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VegasND
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 8621

                            I've got a couple of CZ82s and I have seriously considered getting one chromed.

                            It would be an homage to the 50s when veterans had many of their WWII trophies chrome plated.

                            Anybody got an idea what it would cost? I want classic American 1950s Bumper Chrome
                            People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
                            --River Tam

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              morrcarr67
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 15053

                              Originally posted by eagle eye
                              I hadn't thought about doing the trigger guard black but I like it. Not a fan of those grips though.

                              Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                              Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                              Originally posted by Erion929

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1