Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

cool factor vrs practical

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    NOTABIKER
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 7635

    Originally posted by WASR10
    I was an AK fan until I shot the SKS. I was an SKS fan until I shot the AR. Cool has nothing to do with it. Its what I enjoy shooting, and what I am good with.

    I decided to never let popular opinion keep me from what I find to be superior! I do often seek opinion or experience from others, but always make my own decision.

    And I must say, the M1 is the best of them all.
    the popularity of everything AR has kept me from ever wanting one. i have no desire to shoot or own one. I understand they are the hot ticket for sure.

    Comment

    • #17
      WASR10
      • Aug 2011
      • 2455

      Originally posted by NOTABIKER
      the popularity of everything AR has kept me from ever wanting one. i have no desire to shoot or own one. I understand they are the hot ticket for sure.
      I understand that! I am also a Glock fan so I have a double cliche factor going for me.
      Mark 16:16

      Comment

      • #18
        CEDaytonaRydr
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 4142

        It depends on the upgrade. SKS to AK is functional. M-16 to M4 was "cool factor". Luger to P38 was functional. 1911 to M9 was...

        ...well, I can't really explain that one.

        Comment

        • #19
          Armistice
          Veteran Member
          • May 2013
          • 2668

          Originally posted by NOTABIKER
          like driving a stick shift, hot rods and sports cars should be a stick. I also enjoy shooting a bolt action much more than a simi auto.
          I'm very glad my mom still had her stick shift 1986 Mazda 626 when it was time for me to learn stick (after driving for about a yr). I have not driven a stick in years, but I'm glad I am one of the few of my generation that can say I know how

          Originally posted by pitfighter
          I agree 100% - thank God we're not being shot at, just punching holes in targets .
          Oh, if I was being shot at I'd have my SVT and Garand set up I'd say my SKS too, but it can't shoot the broad side of a barn. Need to bed it... eventually

          Originally posted by rdfact
          Agreed. Also something special about
          BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,BANG,PING.
          Makes me grin every time
          I'll admit, I counted to make sure you had the proper amount of "bang"s in there
          March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

          Originally posted by ThemBastards
          Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
          Originally posted by knucklehead0202
          I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

          Comment

          • #20
            Discogodfather
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2010
            • 5516

            I'd say for accuracy and pure shooting nothing beats a military bolt gun. All my semi-auto designs are royal pains to clean and maintain, and I include: AK, AR, FAL, FN-49, Garand, M14, Hakim, Ljungman, MAS 49, SKS, VZ-58, VZ-52, etc. They all require an hour of cleaning after shooting! They are dirty rifles, bletching out carbon everywhere. A great mistress but terrible wife.

            The only SA design that I own that is a pleasure to clean quickly is the AUG.

            All my bolt guns take about 5 minutes to clean.
            Originally posted by doggie
            Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
            Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
            Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
            "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

            Comment

            • #21
              CEDaytonaRydr
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 4142

              Originally posted by Discogodfather
              My semi-auto designs are royal pains to clean and maintain, and I include: AK...
              You're supposed to clean those?

              JK

              Comment

              • #22
                Beetle Bailey
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2004
                • 2620

                I nominate the Krag for cool factor:



                Never shot the US model, but I have been fortunate enough to shoot a fellow Calgunner's Norwegian Krag and it is very cool, but the Spanish Mausers proved more practical.
                "All bad precedents began as justifiable measures." Julius Caesar

                Comment

                • #23
                  Emdawg
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 4292

                  I love my Krag. Would never sell it.
                  *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bobby Ricigliano
                    Mit Gott und Mauser
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 17439

                    You guys that have focused interests are lucky. I dig almost everything and i want it all. It is a high speed thrill ride straight to the poor house.

                    Here's to my infamous "no new rifles in 2014 pledge"
                    Russian SKS
                    Chinese SKS
                    3 Mosin Nagants
                    M1 Carbine

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Capybara
                      CGSSA Coordinator
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 15676

                      Krags are freaking cool, i need one someday. Need an '03A3 as well.
                      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Discogodfather
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 5516

                        Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                        You guys that have focused interests are lucky. I dig almost everything and i want it all. It is a high speed thrill ride straight to the poor house.

                        Here's to my infamous "no new rifles in 2014 pledge"
                        Russian SKS
                        Chinese SKS
                        3 Mosin Nagants
                        M1 Carbine
                        Just like Noah, two of each in fine condition, one to shoot and one to collect. We are building the Ark of guns. The aliens will spare us during their invasion in order to curate the firearms wing of their human museum.

                        So far my wallet only allows one of each, so I'll pick up the second one when I strike it rich. This is my plan.
                        Originally posted by doggie
                        Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
                        Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
                        Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
                        "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Armistice
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 2668

                          Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                          You guys that have focused interests are lucky. I dig almost everything and i want it all. It is a high speed thrill ride straight to the poor house.

                          Here's to my infamous "no new rifles in 2014 pledge"
                          Russian SKS
                          Chinese SKS
                          3 Mosin Nagants
                          M1 Carbine
                          See sig quote

                          Originally posted by Capybara
                          Krags are freaking cool, i need one someday. Need an '03A3 as well.
                          My LGS had one. It's been gone for a few mos now I think. I prob should've bought it, but the 1903 he had I liked more... even if I did overpay for it a little

                          Damn it, now I'll have to go down and check to see if it's there! Might be able to haggle the price
                          March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

                          Originally posted by ThemBastards
                          Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
                          Originally posted by knucklehead0202
                          I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            smle-man
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 10606

                            I like the early 40s Army training movie that shows a GI shooting the 03 rifle and getting tired cranking the bolt handle and then a GI with an M1 rifle loading clip after clip. Even cooler they are wearing the M1917A1 flat helmets. Search for it on You Tube.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Discogodfather
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 5516

                              Originally posted by smle-man
                              Even cooler they are wearing the M1917A1 flat helmets.
                              No way I would go into battle with that dinner plate on my head! Only thing worse was that pointed prussian helmet.

                              Well, that and everything European from the 19th century.

                              I would rather wear this uniform:

                              Originally posted by doggie
                              Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
                              Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
                              Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
                              "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                smle-man
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 10606

                                The flat helmets were designed to protect against shrapnel airbursts, not much thought was given to fragments flying around at shoulder height or lower! The U.S. fought at Bataan, Wake Island, Guam and at sea until after Midway with the 1917A1 helmet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1