Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
cool factor vrs practical
Collapse
X
-
Comment
-
It depends on the upgrade. SKS to AK is functional. M-16 to M4 was "cool factor". Luger to P38 was functional. 1911 to M9 was...
...well, I can't really explain that one.
Comment
-
I'm very glad my mom still had her stick shift 1986 Mazda 626 when it was time for me to learn stick (after driving for about a yr). I have not driven a stick in years, but I'm glad I am one of the few of my generation that can say I know how
Oh, if I was being shot at I'd have my SVT and Garand set up
I'd say my SKS too, but it can't shoot the broad side of a barn. Need to bed it... eventually 
I'll admit, I counted to make sure you had the proper amount of "bang"s in there
March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors
Originally posted by ThemBastardsJudging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.Originally posted by knucklehead0202I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!Comment
-
I'd say for accuracy and pure shooting nothing beats a military bolt gun. All my semi-auto designs are royal pains to clean and maintain, and I include: AK, AR, FAL, FN-49, Garand, M14, Hakim, Ljungman, MAS 49, SKS, VZ-58, VZ-52, etc. They all require an hour of cleaning after shooting! They are dirty rifles, bletching out carbon everywhere. A great mistress but terrible wife.
The only SA design that I own that is a pleasure to clean quickly is the AUG.
All my bolt guns take about 5 minutes to clean.Originally posted by doggieSomeone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth."The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. BenitezOriginally posted by PMACA_MFGNot checkers, not chess, its Jenga.


Comment
-
-
I nominate the Krag for cool factor:
Never shot the US model, but I have been fortunate enough to shoot a fellow Calgunner's Norwegian Krag and it is very cool, but the Spanish Mausers proved more practical."All bad precedents began as justifiable measures." Julius CaesarComment
-
You guys that have focused interests are lucky. I dig almost everything and i want it all. It is a high speed thrill ride straight to the poor house.
Here's to my infamous "no new rifles in 2014 pledge"
Russian SKS
Chinese SKS
3 Mosin Nagants
M1 CarbineComment
-
Just like Noah, two of each in fine condition, one to shoot and one to collect. We are building the Ark of guns. The aliens will spare us during their invasion in order to curate the firearms wing of their human museum.
So far my wallet only allows one of each, so I'll pick up the second one when I strike it rich. This is my plan.Originally posted by doggieSomeone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth."The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. BenitezOriginally posted by PMACA_MFGNot checkers, not chess, its Jenga.


Comment
-
See sig quote

My LGS had one. It's been gone for a few mos now I think. I prob should've bought it, but the 1903 he had I liked more... even if I did overpay for it a little
Damn it, now I'll have to go down and check to see if it's there! Might be able to haggle the price
March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors
Originally posted by ThemBastardsJudging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.Originally posted by knucklehead0202I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!Comment
-
I like the early 40s Army training movie that shows a GI shooting the 03 rifle and getting tired cranking the bolt handle and then a GI with an M1 rifle loading clip after clip. Even cooler they are wearing the M1917A1 flat helmets. Search for it on You Tube.Comment
-
Originally posted by doggieSomeone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth."The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. BenitezOriginally posted by PMACA_MFGNot checkers, not chess, its Jenga.


Comment
-
The flat helmets were designed to protect against shrapnel airbursts, not much thought was given to fragments flying around at shoulder height or lower! The U.S. fought at Bataan, Wake Island, Guam and at sea until after Midway with the 1917A1 helmet.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,862
Posts: 25,152,581
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 42186 users online. 127 members and 42059 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment