Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R Noob

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    run8
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 875

    I intend on going the C&R route, now the COE, which form is that and what does it entail? Does that form come with the C&R paperwork, or must I obtain that from the ATF or DOJ?

    Thanks again for all the useful information,

    Frank


    Originally posted by thefifthspeed
    If you don't have a C&R yet it is the best 30 bucks you can spend money wise. Aside from getting good deals out of state many major online gun (Midway, Brownells) stores give you "dealer pricing" and you will save big in just 1 order.
    "Freedom is only protected by those who prepare to die"

    Comment

    • #17
      thefifthspeed
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 2674

      Originally posted by run8
      I intend on going the C&R route, now the COE, which form is that and what does it entail? Does that form come with the C&R paperwork, or must I obtain that from the ATF or DOJ?

      Thanks again for all the useful information,

      Frank


      4th one down

      Most people choose not to get the COE because it's cost usually outweights the benifits for most people but if you collect a lot of pistols then it's a value. I chose to stick with just the C&R.

      Comment

      • #18
        RedDawn
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2007
        • 2234

        Doesn't Big 5 require a 03 FFL C&R and a COE for C&R rifles?
        I remember reading it in one of the post, provided you get a manager that knows gun laws sufficiently.
        sigpic
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

        -- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
        *Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria

        Comment

        • #19
          AraiGuma
          Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 186

          Originally posted by duenor
          you can however go to other stats, cash and carry, then go back to ca.
          I don't think you can cross the state line without valid FFL, can't you? For us with 03 FFL, or for you with 01 FFL is perfectly fine under Federal law, but not for someone without FFL. C&R is still a firearm and subject to NFA and GCA in Fedela level.

          Comment

          • #20
            vinny_land
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2007
            • 3374

            Originally posted by thefifthspeed
            You don't need anything to buy a C&R rifle as long as it's 50+ years old and it's within CA. That's why it's called cash and carry. You need a license when you transfer out of state. Off the top of my head I can't think of any .308 C&R milsurps right now.


            Get them while you can
            "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              mwarren2
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 74

              Originally posted by vinny_land
              Not considered C&R in California. Not over 50 years old.
              . sigpic HELLer YES!!
              • "The Mosin Nagant M44 was engineered as a spear, that happens to throw bullets." - Unknown
              • "Having custody of a loaded weapon does not arm you. The skill to use the weapon is what arms a man."-Unknown

              Comment

              • #22
                run8
                Senior Member
                • May 2006
                • 875

                Thanks for the link, I downloaded all the necessary forms, on the Live Scan form though I have a question. Under place of birth, there's a line with SOC underneath, I'm drawing a blank any ideas of what SOC is standing for?

                Thanks


                Originally posted by thefifthspeed
                http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/

                4th one down

                Most people choose not to get the COE because it's cost usually outweights the benifits for most people but if you collect a lot of pistols then it's a value. I chose to stick with just the C&R.
                "Freedom is only protected by those who prepare to die"

                Comment

                • #23
                  CowboyShooter
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 767

                  starting the 03 process...

                  Glad that I checked out the C&R forum... have learned a lot and am VERY excited to get my 03! Just ordered the application from BATF so will be anxious to see it arrive in the mail!



                  thanks to everyone for sharing all of the good info and suggestions.

                  now to start saving up for those first purchases... (and working on the rationale for "why I need more guns"... the "look at how many pairs of shoes you have" excuse didn't work last time w/ the wife)
                  You say "gun nut" like it's a bad thing

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1