Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Classic Laminated M91/30's Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    Armistice
    Veteran Member
    • May 2013
    • 2668

    Bobby, your post has been my deciding factor in getting a laminate Mosin. I've been holding out for a hex, but your lam is absolutely beautiful and is well worth being a little steep in price. Did you pick it out, or is it luck of the draw? What site did you get it from (might have missed the post if you did say)

    And you're my scapegoat when the girl asks why I bought one, haha
    March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

    Originally posted by ThemBastards
    Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
    Originally posted by knucklehead0202
    I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

    Comment

    • #92
      eagle eye
      CGSSA Associate
      • Jan 2011
      • 1169

      Originally posted by Armistice
      Bobby, your post has been my deciding factor in getting a laminate Mosin. I've been holding out for a hex, but your lam is absolutely beautiful and is well worth being a little steep in price. Did you pick it out, or is it luck of the draw? What site did you get it from (might have missed the post if you did say)

      And you're my scapegoat when the girl asks why I bought one, haha
      Classic has laminates and hex, the works, no excuse for not getting one, you better get one now, the prices keep going up.

      Comment

      • #93
        Armistice
        Veteran Member
        • May 2013
        • 2668

        Originally posted by eagle eye
        Classic has laminates and hex, the works, no excuse for not getting one, you better get one now, the prices keep going up.
        http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-e...n-nagant-rifle
        You don't have to tell me twice
        March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

        Originally posted by ThemBastards
        Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
        Originally posted by knucklehead0202
        I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

        Comment

        • #94
          Armistice
          Veteran Member
          • May 2013
          • 2668

          I'm having trouble. It seems it'll only ship it to 3 people. However, Turner's or Annie's isn't even on their list...

          Nevermind. I'll have to email them. I should be able to send them Turner's or Annie's Lic#, correct?
          Last edited by Armistice; 05-23-2013, 6:47 PM.
          March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

          Originally posted by ThemBastards
          Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
          Originally posted by knucklehead0202
          I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

          Comment

          • #95
            Army GI
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 4284

            Originally posted by eagle eye
            Classic has laminates and hex, the works, no excuse for not getting one, you better get one now, the prices keep going up.
            http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-e...n-nagant-rifle
            OMG HEX LAMINATES

            Last edited by Army GI; 05-23-2013, 7:09 PM.
            I purge the wicked. The impious madness must end. I shall be the instrument of Armageddon. It has gotten out of hand...
            WTB: Winchester /Miroki 1895 .30-06; No1. Mk. III SMLE .303 British; M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55mm; M39 Finnish Mosin 7.62x54r; S&W 625 .45 ACP; Glock 17.

            Comment

            • #96
              Armistice
              Veteran Member
              • May 2013
              • 2668

              Originally posted by Army GI
              OMG HEX LAMINATES

              HAHA!

              But really, back off! One is mine
              March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

              Originally posted by ThemBastards
              Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
              Originally posted by knucklehead0202
              I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

              Comment

              • #97
                Bobby Ricigliano
                Mit Gott und Mauser
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2011
                • 17439

                Originally posted by Armistice
                Bobby, your post has been my deciding factor in getting a laminate Mosin. I've been holding out for a hex, but your lam is absolutely beautiful and is well worth being a little steep in price. Did you pick it out, or is it luck of the draw? What site did you get it from (might have missed the post if you did say)

                And you're my scapegoat when the girl asks why I bought one, haha
                Well if you waited, now is the time. The laminated hex's are only a little more than the round receivers were. I am totally maxed out on Mosins so I cannot get any more. I would love to get one because I have no hex rifles and no Tulas, but there is simply no more room (or budget!)at Casa Ricigliano for any more guns ATM.

                I hope this thread keeps going and those who get the Hex Mosins PLEASE post pictures of them!

                Comment

                • #98
                  Drabnor
                  Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 360

                  Here's mine. Just got here today, 1942 Izzy laminate stock. '42 tang date. Not counter bored. Mag plate is lined out and re-stamped matching, everything else matches also. Stock has "repaired" toe and looks great.

                  After a quick wipedown












                  Comment

                  • #99
                    Rimfire123
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 709

                    Did anyone get Hex receiver ones (not laminated) from Classic? looking for matching#s and shinny bore (not counterbored).


                    thanks

                    Comment

                    • plumbum
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2010
                      • 5394

                      Damn y'all, now I gotta go shuffle money around for a laminate hex...
                      Originally posted by ysr_racer
                      Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                      Comment

                      • stevied
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 638

                        Which one of these would be more desirable for a round Izzy laminate:
                        1943r all matching
                        1938 all matching except strike through floor plate
                        NRA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • eagle eye
                          CGSSA Associate
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 1169

                          Originally posted by stevied
                          Which one of these would be more desirable for a round Izzy laminate:
                          1943r all matching
                          1938 all matching except strike through floor plate
                          the pre war a little bit.

                          Comment

                          • Donkeypunch0420
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1460

                            Alright guys.....usually I have no problem picking which guns I'm going to buy, but I'm actually stumped right now........was planning to pick up 2 X-code laminates. Now that Classic is offering hex laminates, I'm at a loss.

                            What do you guys think? 1 X-code, and 1 hex laminate? Or 2 hex laminates?

                            I've only got the cash for two.

                            Comment

                            • Army GI
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 4284

                              I would go with 2 X-codes to be honest. I've been buying Mosin Nagants since 2005 and this is the first time I've ever seen them labeled in excellent condition with "mirror" bores as others have mentioned on calguns who already got theirs. Who knows when Mosins in this condition will turn up, and if they do they wont be at this price but higher.

                              There will always be hex laminates and other arsenal refurb mosins in "Very-Good" condition.

                              But since you only have two options 1-X code and 1-lam Hex.
                              I purge the wicked. The impious madness must end. I shall be the instrument of Armageddon. It has gotten out of hand...
                              WTB: Winchester /Miroki 1895 .30-06; No1. Mk. III SMLE .303 British; M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55mm; M39 Finnish Mosin 7.62x54r; S&W 625 .45 ACP; Glock 17.

                              Comment

                              • Armistice
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 2013
                                • 2668

                                I called and I have to have my local gun store fax them their FFL. I'll have to wait until Tues after work as I won't be off shift until Sun morn, but they're closed Sun and Mon is a holiday
                                March 29- April 5, 2019- The Million Mag March. Thank you, Judge Benitez and all the vendors

                                Originally posted by ThemBastards
                                Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
                                Originally posted by knucklehead0202
                                I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1