Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

03 FFL Question for Handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CEDaytonaRydr
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 4141

    03 FFL Question for Handguns

    Hey guys. I was just reading the calguns Wiki where it says:

    "Holders of a C&R License and a COE are exempt from the 1 handgun every 30 day requirement for all handguns (not just C&R handguns.) "


    My question is: If you have an 03 but not a COE, and you want to "volreg" multiple C&R handguns, are you still required to abide by the 1 pistol in 30 days rule, or can you volreg them at the same time?

    I searched for an answer but didn't find anything. Sorry if it has already been "asked and answered"...
  • #2
    steve91104
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 2806

    You can volreg them at the same time.

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      Originally posted by CEDaytonaRydr
      Hey guys. I was just reading the calguns Wiki where it says:

      "Holders of a C&R License and a COE are exempt from the 1 handgun every 30 day requirement for all handguns (not just C&R handguns.) "


      My question is: If you have an 03 but not a COE, and you want to "volreg" multiple C&R handguns, are you still required to abide by the 1 pistol in 30 days rule, or can you volreg them at the same time?

      I searched for an answer but didn't find anything. Sorry if it has already been "asked and answered"...
      I'm not sure I understand your question.

      If you are buying C&R handguns inside of CA they must be transferred by an 01/07 FFL at which time they would be registered to you. If you don't have a COE you are bound to the 1 in 30 rule even for C&R handguns.

      If you are buying C&R handguns in a different state and bring them back to CA there is no need to "volreg" them.

      Though by law you MUST register all C&R handguns you buy OOS and bring back to CA. To register your C&R handguns you use the C&R Handgun Report (BOF 4100a) form.

      So, in what case would you be "volreg"ing any C&R handguns?
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #4
        CEDaytonaRydr
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 4141

        Originally posted by morrcarr67
        If you are buying C&R handguns in a different state and bring them back to CA there is no need to "volreg" them.

        Though by law you MUST register all C&R handguns you buy OOS and bring back to CA. To register your C&R handguns you use the C&R Handgun Report (BOF 4100a) form.

        So, in what case would you be "volreg"ing any C&R handguns?
        This is what I was asking for.

        Thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1