Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Danish M1s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Garandimal
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2145

    Originally posted by pro-nra
    Nice 1M SA congratulation. Was that a mail order or pick up from SS or NS. That rifle came like that with a lock bar sights?

    It would be left over Dane return as the Greeks never installed VAR tubes that I know of.
    Came Mail-order w/ a handful of Armory rebuilds... LEAD and RRAD...

    ...Lock-bar sight included.

    Two (2) 1M's and a 2M among them.

    All had USGI wood, either stamped or rebuilt, and bores ME<1 TE<2.


    CMP Mail-order's like a box O' really good Chocolates...




    GR


    (I think, therefore I am armed.)


    -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

    Comment

    • #17
      Cessnapilot89
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2002

      My barrel is marked BSID 62 1955
      Soli Deo Gloria.

      Comment

      • #18
        Mustang
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2007
        • 5075

        Originally posted by pro-nra
        That is great! Both of my VAR were private purchase. I love mail order as you never know what you will get.

        I overnighted an oder for 6M on Tuesday and it was received yesterday but no DBU yet. So maybe I did not make the cut.
        My order for a 6.0 Garand was delivered yesterday...hope I made the cut.
        ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

        Comment

        • #19
          pro-nra
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 2270

          Steve, Since I beat you by a day, I would be jealous if you made the cut and I didn't.

          Comment

          • #20
            Mustang
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 5075

            Originally posted by pro-nra
            Steve, Since I beat you by a day, I would be jealous if you made the cut and I didn't.
            Don't think there is much chance of that

            Hope we both made the cut. Guess if I didn't, I'll ask them to substitute a Springfield SG, as late a serial number as they are willing to look for and refund me $50...
            ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

            Comment

            • #21
              Garandimal
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2011
              • 2145

              From the CMP...

              DANISH M1




              GR


              (I think, therefore I am armed.)


              -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

              Comment

              • #22
                bruceflinch
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 40155

                Originally posted by pro-nra
                Or queen? Don't queens wear crows as well? There must be something to the crown thing as the Swedes also put crowns on their rifles and they are accurate.

                I'm going to buy a crown stamp and start stamping all my rifles.
                Hmmm, maybe if I get a Crown tattoo, my accuracy will improve?


                Originally posted by Cessnapilot89
                My barrel is marked BSID 62 1955
                As old as me & probably in much better condition!
                Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                Secret Club Member?.

                Comment

                • #23
                  aghauler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 4794

                  Originally posted by Cessnapilot89
                  My barrel is marked BSID 62 1955
                  Italian bbl

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Cessnapilot89
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2002

                    Lots of Breda and Beretta parts
                    Last edited by Cessnapilot89; 10-13-2012, 7:15 PM.
                    Soli Deo Gloria.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      aghauler
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 4794

                      My CMP WRA Dane was the same, original wood with 2 USGI rebuild cartouches. the Danes had stamped the serial number into the bottom of the stock. The BBL wasn't original and the only WRA part was the receiver, I sold it off after letting it sit in the cabinet for about 5 years.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        pro-nra
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 2270

                        Originally posted by bruceflinch
                        Hmmm, maybe if I get a Crown tattoo, my accuracy will improve?
                        Absolutely but only if the tattoo is on your forehead.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          bruceflinch
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 40155

                          Originally posted by pro-nra
                          Absolutely but only if the tattoo is on your forehead.
                          Naw, I was thinking, shave my head & have a Crown tattoo instead of hair.
                          Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                          I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                          Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                          Secret Club Member?.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            cmaher55
                            Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 316

                            I ordered one several years ago from the CMP. I received a six digit SA from July of 1941 manufacter. The barrel is a VAR and real nice and tight and she shoots wonderfully. I'll never part with this one. Regards

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Cessnapilot89
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 2002







                              Soli Deo Gloria.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Mustang
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 5075

                                Nice, CessnaPilot

                                Do you have any pics of the receiver heel?

                                Oh...and..

                                ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1