Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CMP DRIES UP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    what everyone thinks will happen when these dry up.
    Another war with lots of surplus? Probably not.

    I guess it is lucky I didn't sell that 41 BNZ yet.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #17
      CEDaytonaRydr
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 4142

      Originally posted by wilit
      Didn't the Feds finally approve the import of all those Garands from Korea? I seem to remember it was several tens of thousands of rifles.

      Edit: Here's an article about it. http://www.ammoland.com/2012/06/29/w...#axzz24Deoolsp
      CMP will not be getting any of those. The importers (like Century) will get them. They will not be re-arsenaling them, headspacing them, measuring TE or MW, and they are likely to cost $200-$300 more than CMP currently costs.

      Suffice it to say that it will be a sad day when CMP runs out...

      Comment

      • #18
        paul0660
        In Memoriam
        • Jul 2007
        • 15669

        it will be a sad day when CMP runs out
        Not for those who have one or many. Or did you forget what that war was all about?
        *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

        Comment

        • #19
          SKSer45
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 4373

          Originally posted by paul0660
          Not for those who have one or many. Or did you forget what that war was all about?
          Which war paul? ww2 or korea?
          Last edited by SKSer45; 08-21-2012, 8:44 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            Nick Justice
            Senior Member
            • May 2010
            • 1985

            I'll shed a few tears, then go shootin'.
            It doesn't matter how scary, ugly, uncomfortable, or inconvenient self defense can be. Like it or not, you will never, ever be relieved of your duty and responsibility to defend your life, your family, your country and your freedom.

            How much ammo do I need? Enough to last me the rest of my life, and then lot more for later.

            The government does not come knocking at your door. It comes knocking down your door.

            Comment

            • #21
              Capybara
              CGSSA Coordinator
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2012
              • 15653

              Latest from Orest, the CEO of the CMP is that with panic buying rates, the Greeks will be gone within 10-14 months if these rates keep up. If Obama wins, they will sell out even sooner.

              There will still be plenty of Garands around but the prices will be over $1,000.00 for what is considered a Service Grade I bet. CMP is a market benchmark. Once the benchmark is gone, the market will change quite a bit. Buy 'em from the CMP while you can.
              NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                G-forceJunkie
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2010
                • 6477

                Originally posted by Cannon-Arms
                1993-1994 Turners So.Cal (Chino) SKS's for $69.00-$79.00 each. Ammo was just as proportionally cheap. The family would blow through a crate a weekend.

                Good time, Good times indeed.
                I missed that. I paid $159 at Turners in 1995. In 1996 or so the KBI imports flooded the market and they were $125.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Garandimal
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 2145

                  Well, Think ahead...

                  Got a few Service Grades for my Grade-school boys and a few more for myself. None have Bbl. erosion numbers greater than MW=1 and TE=2.

                  Many lifetimes worth of Marksmanship and Liberty.

                  Mine will go to my Grand kids... God willin'. (that is if the Govt doesn't pry'em from my cold, dead hands first)


                  For M1 Garands? These ARE the Good Ol' Days...




                  GR


                  (I think, therefore I am armed.)


                  -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Agustav
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 1172

                    I think a good prediction will be looking at M1 Carbine at CMP. When they ran out, the price went up a little. Defiantly did not double or anything crazy like that over night.

                    The question we should ask is what would happen after CMP ran out of rifle for sale?!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Shorthair
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 1344

                      I have ONE nice CMP Service Grade and was happy with it until i stumbled onto this. The panick buying talk is starting to make me panick.
                      karma ?
                      The blessings I experience every day are far better than the wrath I deserve.
                      Thankfully, there is no such thing as karma.
                      Proof being that if it did exist we would all most assuredly be dead


                      sigpic NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Red Devil
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 800

                        Originally posted by Shorthair
                        I have ONE nice CMP Service Grade and was happy with it until i stumbled onto this. The panick buying talk is starting to make me panick.
                        When it comes to Garands?

                        Like Women's breasts, Two (2) is a minimum, and you really want Three. (one in the back, for slow dancing)

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rojocorsa
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 9139

                          Glad I got mine.


                          I don't see the need for more than one, as when the barrel and gas cylinder go, they shall be replaced.


                          "Collecting" is a kind of a cool-story-bro type affair. Shooting is where it's at anyway.
                          sigpic
                          7-6-2 FTMFW!

                          "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Capybara
                            CGSSA Coordinator
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 15653

                            The CMP will be glad to be out of the rifle selling business is what I have read over there. They are a marksmanship organization and are much more concerned about promoting marksmanship than being Garands R Us. I couldn't agree more that we are at the tail end of the good ole days with Garands and Mosins. Buy them now, if you can, in a few years, both will increase in cost and availability will drop.
                            NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Shorthair
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 1344

                              Surely there is a lend-lease stash out there somewhere after the Greek is gone ? If we can hire a new President in November he might be able to help direct the Korean stockpile to the CMP where it belongs?? I got on the CMP train only recently so i don't know how many stockpiles the CMP has worked through over the years. Obviously a bunch.
                              karma ?
                              The blessings I experience every day are far better than the wrath I deserve.
                              Thankfully, there is no such thing as karma.
                              Proof being that if it did exist we would all most assuredly be dead


                              sigpic NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                gotshotgun?
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 3667

                                The Koreans Garands were purchased by the Koreans, not lent. Therefore they are selling them to international importing companies. The CMP could never see the Korean Garands. And every Korean Garand will be import stamped.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1