Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mosin Nagant issue help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cuerno_de_Chivo
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1270

    Mosin Nagant issue help!

    So I went to the range and shot about 30 rounds through my Mosin. Then all of a sudden as I was chambering a new round the bolt slipped and fell to the ground. Not sure if it's the bolt but the trigger wont lock in place. It just slips and the trigger doesn't reset. The only way the bolt stays in place inside the Mosin is if i manually lift the trigger but as soon as I let go it let's go of the bolt as well. I can't even dry fire it. Any ideas what's wrong?
    sigpic
  • #2
    chillincody
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 2675

    are you missing the roll pin for your trigger ?
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

    Comment

    • #3
      VegasND
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2007
      • 8621

      I think you might need to buy:
      People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
      --River Tam

      Comment

      • #4
        Cuerno_de_Chivo
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 1270

        Originally posted by chillincody
        are you missing the roll pin for your trigger ?
        The pin is still there but I think i found the problem. Not sure what this is called but it's in between the trigger I believe and it looks like it snapped. This is the only gun I haven't really taken apart and know it inside out so the parts are sort of unfamiliar to me.





        Do you think this is the problem?
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Cuerno_de_Chivo
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 1270

          Originally posted by VegasND
          I think you might need to buy:
          Yes! That's what looks like snapped. What is that part called?
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            VegasND
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 8621

            Trigger Spring & Bolt Stop

            Shop before you buy, prices vary greatly. The last time I needed one a guy on a forum sent me one -- he's a very nice man.
            Originally posted by Cuerno_de_Chivo
            Yes! That's what looks like snapped. What is that part called?
            People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
            --River Tam

            Comment

            • #7
              Cuerno_de_Chivo
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 1270

              Originally posted by VegasND
              Trigger Spring & Bolt Stop

              Shop before you buy, prices vary greatly. The last time I needed one a guy on a forum sent me one -- he's a very nice man.
              Thanks so much man. I was destroying steel when the bolt flew off. Was a little bummed but hopefully it's back spitting lead soon. Thanks again!
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Chaos47
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 6615

                That would do it! hah

                Take care undoing the screw that holds the sear on.
                Make sure that you have the proper size screw driver as these are sometimes mega tight and very easy to slip out of and mar if you use an undersized screw driver.
                Might also help to soak it with penetrating oil.

                Hope yours is easier to remove then that!

                This one is a bit cheaper
                Buymilsurp.com - Mosin Nagant Parts & Accessories SKS Rifle Parts & Accessories Ammunition Stripper and Loading Clips Booklets and Manuals TAPCO Parts & Accessories Surplus Firearms Virtual Museum Scopes Mounts & Optics Ordnance, Grenades & Rockets Pistol Parts & Accessories Rifle Parts & Accessories Misc. Accessories PPSH 41 & PPS 43 PARTS RECOIL BUFFERS DISCOUNT BINS MISC GUN SPRINGS HI CAP MAGAZINES - IN STOCK!! Daisy VL Ammo for Sale HOLSTERS

                Dunno about shipping.
                Numrich might be easier if you do the trick by call after hours and get the free/cheaper shipping code

                This one is the cheapest with free shipping if you do ebay...

                Comment

                • #9
                  af240z
                  Member
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 431

                  I would just get a finnish m39 sear for 15 bucks. Great investment for lightening trigger pull

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    deoxys987
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 832

                    Originally posted by Cuerno_de_Chivo
                    So I went to the range and shot about 30 rounds through my Mosin. Then all of a sudden as I was chambering a new round the bolt slipped and fell to the ground. Not sure if it's the bolt but the trigger wont lock in place. It just slips and the trigger doesn't reset. The only way the bolt stays in place inside the Mosin is if i manually lift the trigger but as soon as I let go it let's go of the bolt as well. I can't even dry fire it. Any ideas what's wrong?
                    i had the same problem. the screws were loose. tighten both the action screws, open up the mosin, and by the trigger is a screw, that puts tension on the trigger so it can lock into place, tighten that screw up. that will fix it all

                    -from a mosin owner that went through the same problem

                    just tighten all the screws, and problem solved..
                    1937 S/42 P.08 Luger
                    1939 Tula TT-33
                    1939 Erma RC Mauser 98k
                    1942 "B" Barrel M/91
                    1943 Izhevsk 91/30 PU Sniper
                    1957 Tula SKS
                    Hungarian Border Force AK-55 Reweld
                    1968 "Late-date" Finnish M39
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Chaos47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 6615

                      Originally posted by deoxys987
                      i had the same problem. the screws were loose. tighten both the action screws, open up the mosin, and by the trigger is a screw, that puts tension on the trigger so it can lock into place, tighten that screw up. that will fix it all

                      -from a mosin owner that went through the same problem

                      just tighten all the screws, and problem solved..
                      It pays to read the hole thread before posting... OP posted a photo of his trigger spring snapped in half...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kris smith
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 2058

                        Best get a Finn tow stage
                        sent from the depths of my subconscious

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hifiguns
                          Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 269

                          See this recent topic Installed a Finnish sear and trigger spring on my PU sniper

                          Finnish Mosin Nagant Sear Spring

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            chillincody
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 2675

                            Originally posted by Cuerno_de_Chivo
                            The pin is still there but I think i found the problem. Not sure what this is called but it's in between the trigger I believe and it looks like it snapped. This is the only gun I haven't really taken apart and know it inside out so the parts are sort of unfamiliar to me.





                            Do you think this is the problem?
                            O dam there is your problem lol that is one hella snapped trigger spring i didnt even know it could snap like that . replace that and your gun will be fine and a lil tip put a thin washer under the new one and it will give you a clean trigger pull and lessen trigger pull
                            Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Vlad 11
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2961

                              Every so often you hear of a sear breaking. Not real common but it does happen. I've never experienced it.

                              Originally posted by Cuerno_de_Chivo
                              This is the only gun I haven't really taken apart and know it inside out so the parts are sort of unfamiliar to me.
                              If you can do AK's (not all that complex itself) the Mosin is several times simpler and easier, as im sure you have discovered.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1