Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Garand Grease?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Xingu
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 279

    Bacon Grease
    Originally posted by Frosty
    If anything I'll be selling my time, resin, and access to a very specifically shaped cavity.

    Originally posted by ExAcHog
    I have read that...Serioulsy....check it out online.

    Comment

    • #17
      littlejake
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 2168

      Originally posted by Xingu
      Bacon Grease
      LOL -- I suppose it would be better than running it dry.

      There was a story that went around post WWII that we sent butter to the Soviets; and they greased their tanks with it. True or urban myth? No one knows.
      Life Member NRA and 2A Foundation.
      My posts are my own opinions and do not reflect those of any organization I am a member of.
      Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice; if you need legal advice, see a lawyer.

      "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
      William Pitt (1759-1806)

      Comment

      • #18
        OldShooter32
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2065

        I like the grease with graphite in it. Works on my tractor too.
        "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

        Walnut media for bright brass
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214

        Comment

        • #19
          rp55
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2009
          • 1823

          Lubriplate!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            Tanner68
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 2147

            Lubriplate is the official Garand grease. If you want to run down to the auto parts store and get something, Mobil 1 is hard to beat. Not the Mobil 1 oil discussed in 1911 threads, but the tub of red synthetic grease. And if you can't get Mobil 1, any general purpose grease will do. That is one of the virtues of the Garand. The Valvoline the OP posted will work just fine. You will never find the difference.

            Comment

            • #21
              0321jarhead
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 2116

              Lubriplate works exceptionally well on my "op-rod". My wife even agrees to that.
              "TRUST BUT, VERIFY"
              Ronald Reagan

              Comment

              • #22
                Garandimal
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 2145

                Super Tech Marine Grease, 3x3 oz (Walmart)

                Super Tech Marine Grease is a state-of-the-art lithium complex grease. This tacky grease resists water washout even under the most severe saltwater conditions. It offers superior protection against rust, corrosion, and oxidation.

                - Premium multi-purpose marine grease
                - Melting point of 500 degrees Fahrenheit
                - Can be used for wheel bearings
                - Made in the USA

                ~$8.00 for a lifetime supply.


                (I think, therefore I am armed.)


                -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

                Comment

                • #23
                  cruddymutt
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 1589

                  I use Valvaline GP bearing grease. Started using it on my SVT bolt grooves as well.
                  sigpic
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    kwansao
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 711

                    i have used the bearing grease that came in the little yellow pots, lubriplate, and froglube paste, and haven't noticed a difference with any of them.. I guess none of them would be considered 'cheap'..
                    -
                    PRO DEO ET PRO PATRIA

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1