Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M44 Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    rshinjiro
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 13

    I've actually run into this exact same problem with my M44, tried different ammo, brass case, steel case, always the same result. Headspacing checks out, extractor is grabbing. Chambers a fresh round fine, then after firing wont eject without some nudging. Curious to find out if what fixes this for you will work for mine as well.

    Comment

    • #17
      yetii
      Member
      • May 2009
      • 225

      i have had the same problems with a few of mine, the problem in my case was that there was cosmo on chamber walls that had been cooked on there. I took the gun apart and heated the outside of the chamber with a propane torch untill it was warm and used a stiff cleaning brush and scrubbed the hell out of the chamber. after doing this about 3 or 4 times it was sqeaky clean and didn't have any problems after, also soak the bolt in some cleaner for atleast a few hours then go to town cleaning the bolt, should not have any problems after that.

      Comment

      • #18
        TheExpertish
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 3451

        Originally posted by yetii
        i have had the same problems with a few of mine, the problem in my case was that there was cosmo on chamber walls that had been cooked on there. I took the gun apart and heated the outside of the chamber with a propane torch untill it was warm and used a stiff cleaning brush and scrubbed the hell out of the chamber. after doing this about 3 or 4 times it was sqeaky clean and didn't have any problems after, also soak the bolt in some cleaner for atleast a few hours then go to town cleaning the bolt, should not have any problems after that.
        This makes the most sense to me. Love it when guys use the "blast it clean" method when they first get a cosmo covered C&R. I'm going to assume you didn't do it. Curious as to how this turns out OHOD.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by starsnuffer
        It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

        Comment

        • #19
          OHOD
          I need a LIFE!!
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2009
          • 11047





          sigpic

          INGSOC comes to America.
          Sip your Victory Gin folks, time's are a changin'

          Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
          A time of innocence, A time of confidences
          Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
          Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you

          Comment

          • #20
            OHOD
            I need a LIFE!!
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2009
            • 11047


            sigpic

            INGSOC comes to America.
            Sip your Victory Gin folks, time's are a changin'

            Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
            A time of innocence, A time of confidences
            Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
            Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you

            Comment

            • #21
              tlivingd
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 43

              Try to loosen the screws holding the trigger guard/magazine assembly down.

              I had to shim mine down away from the bolt.

              and this was on my Romainan M44.

              Worked AWESOME afterwards.


              EDIT: This sounds like two problems in this thread. My posting above is to the original poster about the closing of the bolt the last 1/4 inch. and it hanging up on the way out.
              Last edited by tlivingd; 02-02-2012, 5:23 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
                Vlad 11
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 2961

                Looks like the extractor is a little dinked up. Not sure if that's the prob.

                The flat spot on the leading angle of the extractor may be jamming on the rim. Thus pushing it backwards in the boltface to the point where it no longer has the clearance to hold onto the rim.You can file to restore the angle a bit. Or if you dont want to bugger the original, get a new one

                When a shell is in place the extractor will more or less be flush with the back of the bolthead. If its binding it will be pushed back and protrude. You can test this.

                Comment

                • #23
                  OniKoroshi
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 1321

                  Yup looks like the extractor is pushed back. It's supposed to be flush with the back of the bolt head. Tap it back into place and chamber a round and see if the extractor gets pushed back.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    hypnoman
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 1043

                    I had a problem with failure to close on a round AND the rare moments it did close, after firing, failure to open bolt without the help of a rubber mallet.

                    My extractor looked worse, its tip was flat and a case could not sit nearly as flat on the bolt face. Since I was ready to change out the extactor I went ahead and modded it to mimick other Mosin bolts. It works fine now every time! Good luck on this, I know you won't need it as you'll come through victoriously!
                    FS: ammo and primers http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10352151

                    FS: Pietta .44 revolver http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=712115

                    FS: Romanian PSL matching numbers parts kit http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10676211

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      OHOD
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 11047

                      I have some potential solutions.

                      1. I'm going to check headspace with a gauge Rem222 is going to let me borrow.
                      2. Try to get the extractor flush with the bolt.
                      3. Go over Bruceflinches place and work on it. Enlist the help of Big103 as well.
                      sigpic

                      INGSOC comes to America.
                      Sip your Victory Gin folks, time's are a changin'

                      Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
                      A time of innocence, A time of confidences
                      Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
                      Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        1-M-42
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 1232

                        Hammer, very large hammer....works with computers as well.
                        sigpicCertainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          thepunisher
                          Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 226

                          Originally posted by 1-M-42
                          Hammer, very large hammer....works with computers as well.
                          Most Russian problems are solved this way comrade.
                          Thread killer

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            bruceflinch
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 40155

                            I have a 3lb hammer. Is that big enough?
                            Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                            I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                            Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                            Secret Club Member?.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              big103
                              Mod without thumbs
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 3511

                              Yeah looks like the back of the extractor needs to be taken off a little.
                              All Right MEOW

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Vlad 11
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 2961

                                Came across a thread from surplusrifle which seems to describe this problem and solution well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1