Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about selling a C&R

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • john.t.singh
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 1440

    Question about selling a C&R

    Quick random questinon... and I searched around Calguns first, didn't find the answer...

    If I have an old Mosin, want to sell it cash and carry, do I need to make sure the buyer has a rifle lock?
    We must learn to live together as brothers or we will perish together as fools.

    sigpic
  • #2
    Josh3239
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 9200

    No.

    Comment

    • #3
      mosinnagantm9130
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2009
      • 8783

      Nope. As long as the are 18, and not prohibited, you're GTG.
      Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
      My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

      Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
      Originally posted by ChopperX
      I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
      Originally posted by Jeff L
      Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

      Comment

      • #4
        TheExpertish
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 3451

        Originally posted by mosinnagantm9130
        Nope. As long as the are 18, and not prohibited, you're GTG.
        Okay, so how do you handle the knowing they're prohibited or not part? Ask and take their word at it?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by starsnuffer
        It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

        Comment

        • #5
          BayAreaShooter
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2010
          • 5054

          Originally posted by gadsdenarmory
          Okay, so how do you handle the knowing they're prohibited or not part? Ask and take their word at it?
          I just write up a waiver saying that the buyer is not prohibited form owning firearms or ammunition and is of the legal age to own a firearm and have them sign it. I also get a copy of there Drivers License. While none of the "Paper Work" is a must I do it anyways.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            john.t.singh
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 1440

            do you photocopy the DL?
            We must learn to live together as brothers or we will perish together as fools.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              a1c
              CGSSA Coordinator
              • Oct 2009
              • 9098

              No need to photocopy the DL. Just write down the number, name, address and DOB.

              Note that non-resident aliens are prohibited persons unless they have a hunter's license. If you have reason to believe the person might be a non-immigrant alien, you may ask for their license. If they have a green card, they're GTG without it.
              WTB: French & Finnish firearms. WTS: raw honey, tumbled .45 ACP brass, stupid cat.

              Comment

              • #8
                BayAreaShooter
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2010
                • 5054

                Originally posted by john.t.singh
                do you photocopy the DL?
                I just have them bring a photocopy when they meet me.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  redking
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 549

                  Originally posted by mosinnagantm9130
                  Nope. As long as the are 18, and not prohibited, you're GTG.
                  Sometimes it's easy to think you live in a free country...

                  Just reminding you that you dont
                  ALL HAIL OBAMA
                  "It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    morrcarr67
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 15053

                    I don't remember who it was but they posted this BOS. Feel free to use it for your cash and carry sales.
                    Attached Files
                    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                    Originally posted by Erion929

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mosinnagantm9130
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2009
                      • 8783

                      Originally posted by redking
                      Sometimes it's easy to think you live in a free country...

                      Just reminding you that you dont
                      ALL HAIL OBAMA
                      lol wut
                      Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                      My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                      Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                      Originally posted by ChopperX
                      I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                      Originally posted by Jeff L
                      Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TheExpertish
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 3451

                        Originally posted by redking
                        Sometimes it's easy to think you live in a free country...

                        Just reminding you that you dont
                        ALL HAIL OBAMA
                        Hey threadjacker, explain how Obama is so in control? Right now he's about as effective as congress. Right now I feel pretty free to be under employed and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm not bowing to anyone. I feel screwed financially, but free.

                        England has a queen. They can't own handguns.
                        Saudi Arabia has a king. Women can't drive or vote.
                        The list goes on...
                        We don't have a king, supreme leader, or otherwise. We have an elected official that some people may not like. However, we are about as free as free can get as far as this world goes. Things can always be better and improved, but be thankful and feel blessed it's not worse. Pull your head out of your arses and smell reality.

                        Threadjack over.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by starsnuffer
                        It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1