Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mail ordering a C&R rifle from a source in CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DarthSean
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 864

    Mail ordering a C&R rifle from a source in CA

    If I find a vendor or 03 holder in a part of CA that has something I want, is it still possible to ship it to my door or do I either have to go get it or send it to a 01 FFL?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    -Sigmund Freud
  • #2
    Blitzburgh
    In Memoriam
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2011
    • 2635

    Depends.

    Rifles direct to your door (to the address on your 03)

    Handguns to a 01 for DROS. (CA rule)
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      From a PP or an 03 you should have no problem getting 50 year old rifles sent to you.

      No one needs a 03 to receive a 50 year old rifle from a PP or 03 that is in CA and shipping to CA.

      I have never seen a 01 willing to ship a 50 year old rifle to a 03 and that is because of the DROS system. Even though you have an 03 C&R FFL and say a COE you are still treated like anyone else in this state. Which means you still have to do the DROS and you can't do it if you're not @ the 01's location.

      On a side note if this was a free state you could sell ANY firearm to anyone that lives in the same state and ship it to them with no FFL involvement.
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1