Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New to C&R

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mceod
    Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 305

    New to C&R

    Just picked up what I think is a 1915 M91 Hex Receiver Mosin.

    I spent less on the rifle and 200 rounds of ammo than I usually do on just ammo for a weekend. Are these things as addicting as black rifles?





    Last edited by mceod; 06-03-2011, 4:34 PM. Reason: Pics added
    F/S or F/T- Fender Flares for 02-06 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...01#post9160601


    EOD is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality.
  • #2
    Low-Pressure
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1758

    Originally posted by mceod
    Just picked up what I think is a 1915 M91 Hex Receiver Mosin.

    I spent less on the rifle and 200 rounds of ammo than I usually do on just ammo for a weekend. Are these things as addicting as black rifles?
    It can be!
    ...with liberty and justice for all. Void where prohibited, offer not valid everywhere, price may change. See Big Brother for details.
    Originally posted by zfields
    9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
    Originally posted by bwiese
    Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
    If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
    http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

    Comment

    • #3
      morrcarr67
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2010
      • 15053

      Of course. Welcome to the C&R poor.
      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

      Originally posted by Erion929

      Comment

      • #4
        Saigon1965
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 17278

        You let us know in 6 months -

        Originally posted by mceod
        Just picked up what I think is a 1915 M91 Hex Receiver Mosin.

        I spent less on the rifle and 200 rounds of ammo than I usually do on just ammo for a weekend. Are these things as addicting as black rifles?

        Comment

        • #5
          laika
          Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 384

          Nice find; congrats on your FIRST mosin. Ah, I remember mine... 9 or so ago.

          They are so nice and so cheap and the ammo is so cheap too and there ya have it - suddenly you're looking for an ex dragoon laminate double MO stamped Tula or something and haunting the mosin nagant websites looking for love in all the wrong places. Enjoy! I love mine.
          Originally posted by Rally Dave
          Haha....too much AR shooting and you become a wennie!
          The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
          7.62X54R Скалы
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            SoCal Bob
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 5354

            In a word, YES. However it gets worse. The Carbines take the same inexpensive ammo but they come with free fireballs.

            Congrats on what looks like a great purchase.
            Last edited by SoCal Bob; 06-04-2011, 12:52 AM. Reason: congrats

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              I think the OP has IT, too!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                mceod
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 305

                I manage to hit an ammo sale at my local the day I got it. It's hard to argue with 16 cents a round. It'll be a couple weeks before I can her out though.
                F/S or F/T- Fender Flares for 02-06 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...01#post9160601


                EOD is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hypnoman
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 1043

                  Congrats, man . . . let the addiction begin!
                  FS: ammo and primers http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10352151

                  FS: Pietta .44 revolver http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=712115

                  FS: Romanian PSL matching numbers parts kit http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10676211

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cruddymutt
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 1589

                    Addiction? What!? No no no, I can stop anytime I want to.
                    sigpic
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mauser98k
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 819

                      nice. need to find a hand guard for it though

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        joefrank64k
                        @ the Dark End of the Bar
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 10124

                        Originally posted by mceod
                        Just picked up what I think is a 1915 M91 Hex Receiver Mosin...Are these things as addicting as black rifles?
                        They are quite a bit worse!!! But that's a good thing!

                        Now, if you REALLY want to blow your money, get your 03 FFL and then you can just point-and-click your way to C&R madness!

                        Welcome to the club, and nice looking rifle!
                        You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                        If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                        Come on...what harm??

                        joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bigtwin
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 2639

                          Originally posted by mauser98k
                          nice. need to find a hand guard for it though
                          I thought the same thing. But I noticed the barrel bands look tight(as in no room for the guard) in the pic, where there some made without upper hand guards?
                          NRA MEMBER

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            cruddymutt
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 1589

                            On the M91's the handguard has 2 "ears" made of thin metal on both the front and rear. They slide into the inner upper side of the barrel bands.
                            sigpic
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mauser98k
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 819

                              Originally posted by Bigtwin
                              I thought the same thing. But I noticed the barrel bands look tight(as in no room for the guard) in the pic, where there some made without upper hand guards?
                              you can see light between the stock and the rear barrel band. it needs a hand guard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1