Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The StG thread. Enjoy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    timdps
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2007
    • 3488

    Originally posted by jdberger
    I was shooting at Chabot (maybe at a shoot-n-que) and the guy next to me had one. I recall that he said ammo was expensive.

    That was me. Ammo is around $12 per 20 rounds by Privi-Partisan, not horrible. I mostly use blanks in it at $35-$50 per 100 rounds.

    Originally posted by jdberger
    Does this mean that I can hope for an influx of Russian Captures one day?

    hope.
    hope.
    You are going to need hope and change. If I recall correctly there are lots of RC G43s available, but the Russians want $2000+ each for them, in lots of 10,000. I'm sure they would want more for STGs. Other problems: select fire, non-importable barrels, very expensive high cap mags @$400-$500 each (mine are pre-ban), repro mags are available, but are $150 each, no semi-auto conversion parts available, you have to reweld a sheet metal receiver, etc., etc.

    I rented a full auto STG44 at a reenactment battle once and have lusted after one ever since. As soon as the semis from PTR/Recon Ordnance became available, I ordered one as I did not see much change of owning one otherwise.

    Tim

    Comment

    • #32
      smle-man
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2007
      • 10605

      The East German "worker's militia" was armed with 98k's and StG 44's. Wonder if they all got collected up by the Soviets and sent back east when they left EG?

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1