Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Yugo m48b headspace?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oftenindeed
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 168

    Yugo m48b headspace?

    Recently acquired an m48b and didn't realize that the bolt is mismatched till I got home and had a better look at it (the numbers are close ). Any idea where I can check headspace for cheap in SoCal? One guy wants $65 but for that price I could probably buy all the gauges and do it myself...
    Am I over-thinking this whole thing and should I just go shoot the thing since it's slathered in cosmo still?
    Thanks!
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Can you tell if it is a M48 bolt?

    If it is and the only thing is it has a different serial number I would worry too much.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      oftenindeed
      Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 168

      Yup, it's an m48 bolt. Thanks.

      Comment

      • #4
        tujungatoes
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 7942

        if you happen to find yourself in LA I have an 8mm field gauge.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Dr. Elky
        If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
        I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

        Comment

        • #5
          oftenindeed
          Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 168

          Originally posted by tujungatoes
          if you happen to find yourself in LA I have an 8mm field gauge.
          Thanks for the offer, and if I'm in LA I will take you up on it. I'm thinking about buying a gauge myself but I don't foresee any need beyond this.

          Originally posted by morrcarr67
          If it is and the only thing is it has a different serial number I would worry too much.
          Just curious but why so confident? The tolerances from the arsenal? I've also read the Mauser bolt design facilitates gas escape (?). Trying to figure out how to think about the problem. Thanks!

          Comment

          • #6
            TRICKSTER
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2008
            • 12438

            If it's a Century Arms import, I have been told that they check the headspace prior to sales.


            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

            Comment

            • #7
              Dirtbiker
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 2810

              I have an 8mm field gauge too. I'm in OC.
              To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

              Thomas Jefferson

              Comment

              • #8
                paul0660
                In Memoriam
                • Jul 2007
                • 15669

                Originally posted by TRICKSTER
                If it's a Century Arms import, I have been told that they check the headspace prior to sales.
                this is true, but I have never seen a mismatched bolt on their guns either.

                I have a field gauge too, but am farther away than the rest of the guys.
                *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                Comment

                • #9
                  morrcarr67
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 15053

                  I used to work for a company that imports they rifles and would take several out to the range from time to time for testing. One of the things I would do while testing was to switch the bolts. I never had any problems.
                  Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                  Originally posted by Erion929

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    paul0660
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 15669

                    Originally posted by morrcarr67
                    I used to work for a company that imports they rifles and would take several out to the range from time to time for testing. One of the things I would do while testing was to switch the bolts. I never had any problems.
                    Regardless of the fact that that sample means nothing, why did they switch bolts?
                    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      morrcarr67
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 15053

                      I would take rifles out that customers had sent because of one problem or another.

                      On rifles that people were having loading or extracting problems I would use the matching bolt and others to see what if any problems I would have.
                      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                      Originally posted by Erion929

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        paul0660
                        In Memoriam
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 15669

                        gotcha...........thanks.
                        *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          oftenindeed
                          Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 168

                          thanks all for the offers of using your gauges. I'll have to wait a couple weekends or so for time to decosmo the rifle and see about it then. Maybe I just will bite the bullet and get a gauge myself or head out to the range and get my face back while I fire. Probably the latter
                          Thanks again!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1