Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Real WWII 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Anchors
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 5940

    Real WWII 1911

    I saw an old thread on THR about them going for $650-$800 back in 2003 (too bad I was 14).

    How much do they go for these days with original parts?
    (not necessarily numbers matching, just no replacement barrels and stuff).

    Anybody here got one? Pics?
  • #2
    Orlando
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 1827

    Prices will vary depending on condition, parts maker, if it has been refinished, to many variables to give pricing
    $1000.00 on up to several thousand of $$$$
    Remington Rand, has been refinished (not a very good picture)

    Comment

    • #3
      Anchors
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 5940

      Nice.
      That is still rad.
      The cheapest maker is fine with me.
      I would prefer not refinished, but that pistol looks awesome anyway.

      Comment

      • #4
        pullnshoot25
        Banned
        • Mar 2007
        • 8068

        Originally posted by RyanAnchors
        Nice.
        That is still rad.
        The cheapest maker is fine with me.
        I would prefer not refinished, but that pistol looks awesome anyway.
        You just said rad. Rad!

        That pistol does look pretty cool.

        Comment

        • #5
          Orlando
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 1827

          Most 1911's will have been rearsenal finished. If you find a original with correct parts and original finish you will pay a premium

          Comment

          • #6
            GM4spd
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2008
            • 5682

            The prices just keep going up---the pictured 1941 Colt(with all its original parts) is blue,just
            prior to the start of parkerizing,it is a Colt and US PROPERTY marked--I
            would estimate the value over $3000. Pete



            Comment

            • #7
              morrcarr67
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2010
              • 15053

              Originally posted by GM4spd
              The prices just keep going up---the pictured 1941 Colt(with all its original parts) is blue,just
              prior to the start of parkerizing,it is a Colt and US PROPERTY marked--I
              would estimate the value over $3000. Pete



              Very nice!!
              Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

              Originally posted by Erion929

              Comment

              • #8
                Flintlock Tom
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 3353

                1972 Albanian SKS.
                "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
                I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

                Comment

                • #9
                  Orlando
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 1827

                  Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                  1972 Albanian SKS.
                  And what does a SKS have to do with a post about the greatest handgun ever?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FastFinger
                    In Memoriam
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 2983

                    Originally posted by Orlando
                    And what does a SKS have to do with a post about the greatest handgun ever?
                    Probably just wanted to show off its stunning non sequitur finish.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Anchors
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 5940

                      Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                      1972 Albanian SKS.
                      Okay?

                      Originally posted by GM4spd
                      The prices just keep going up---the pictured 1941 Colt(with all its original parts) is blue,just
                      prior to the start of parkerizing,it is a Colt and US PROPERTY marked--I
                      would estimate the value over $3000. Pete



                      Your pictures aren't showing up.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Anchors
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 5940

                        Originally posted by Orlando
                        Most 1911's will have been rearsenal finished. If you find a original with correct parts and original finish you will pay a premium
                        I wouldn't mind a post-war arsenal re-park job on it.
                        Just don't want something that was restored by a person many years after the war ended.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Anchors
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 5940

                          Posted in the "rarest handgun you own" thread.

                          Originally posted by locosway
                          Carried during WWII by my Grandfather.

                          Beautiful.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Ryan in SD
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 1966

                            Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                            1972 Albanian SKS.
                            crack kills bro

                            On a side note I got to shoot a ww2 1911 that had once been used to kill a german sniper that tried to kill my friends grandfather

                            It shot ok.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Anchors
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 5940

                              Originally posted by Ryan in SD
                              crack kills bro

                              On a side note I got to shoot a ww2 1911 that had once been used to kill a german sniper that tried to kill my friends grandfather

                              It shot ok.
                              I want one so bad.
                              I wish there was something cool like that in my family.

                              My dad has some old Colt .32 revolver that belonged to my great grandpa.
                              I think he called it a Colt Pocket.
                              It is cool, but it's no WWII 1911.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1