Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bought a 1903 A3 today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pennys dad
    Arizona Ex-Pat
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2008
    • 5984

    Bought a 1903 A3 today

    Hi

    I bought a 1903 A3 today, it was a widows turn in, so I figure from one good home to another. The rifle is in excellent condition.
    I have a question, what kind of Ammo? I know 30-06 but current days 06? or just surplus? What grn 06 round, anything I should be weary of? Did these rifles have scopes?
    Any info is appreciated.

    Thx
    Pennys Dad

    Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
  • #2
    Orlando
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 1827

    Commercial ammo is fine, you dont have the same issues with the 1903 that you do with the Garand

    Comment

    • #3
      Mojaveman
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 1177

      Outstanding!

      I have a few of them. How about a picture?

      Some inexpensive 150gr ball or hunting ammunition will do just fine for target shooting. Check out Cheaper than Dirt for good prices. If it were mine I wouldn't even think of shooting inexpensive corrosive foreign made surplus through it but that's just me.

      There are a lot of folks here who know much about Springfields if you need any information.

      Take care of your new baby.
      "Any honest and hardworking man is made better yet by a large bowl of good chili."

      Comment

      • #4
        Milsurp Collector
        Calguns Addict
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2009
        • 5884

        Originally posted by pennys dad
        Did these rifles have scopes?
        The M1903A3 did not have a scope. The version with a scope was the M1903A4. http://www.snipercentral.com/m1903a4.htm
        Revolvers are not pistols

        pistol nouna handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
        Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

        ExitCalifornia.org

        Comment

        • #5
          pennys dad
          Arizona Ex-Pat
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2008
          • 5984

          No pictures yet. Its under double lock down right now. The rifle came in as a consignment from a recently Widowed wife. So it is spending 2 weeks in consignment jail to finish out its 30 days then I can DROS it and start its 10 day sentence.

          Thx for the ammo and scope info.
          Pennys Dad

          Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

          Comment

          • #6
            ColdDeadHands1
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 3391

            Originally posted by pennys dad
            No pictures yet. Its under double lock down right now. The rifle came in as a consignment from a recently Widowed wife. So it is spending 2 weeks in consignment jail to finish out its 30 days then I can DROS it and start its 10 day sentence.

            Thx for the ammo and scope info.
            DROS? 10 days? You mean you don't have your C&R license???


            "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

            Comment

            • #7
              Anchors
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2010
              • 5940

              Originally posted by pennys dad
              No pictures yet. Its under double lock down right now. The rifle came in as a consignment from a recently Widowed wife. So it is spending 2 weeks in consignment jail to finish out its 30 days then I can DROS it and start its 10 day sentence.

              Thx for the ammo and scope info.
              Where do you find good consignment and estate deals and the like?
              I need to get better at this. I bet there are thousands of great milsurps out there in people's closets that they don't care about at all and would rather sell for a fair price.

              Comment

              • #8
                pennys dad
                Arizona Ex-Pat
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2008
                • 5984

                Found it at WC Turners
                Pennys Dad

                Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Heatseeker
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1886

                  They won't let you start the DROS/10 day wait concurrent with the 30 day lockdown? Bummer...
                  Last edited by Heatseeker; 01-22-2011, 8:14 AM. Reason: brain fart
                  If it ain't broke, keep fixin' it 'til it is...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    microwaveguy
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 2292

                    If your just looking for 30-06 ball ammo the best deal out there is the CMP at about $0.50 a round. Need to be a member but .........

                    Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.

                    Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      morrcarr67
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 15053



                      I want to see!!!!!!!!!
                      Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                      Originally posted by Erion929

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Howie44
                        C3 Specialist
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2002
                        • 2005

                        Very cool Jacob! can't wait to see it!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sfoan
                          Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 113

                          Originally posted by pennys dad
                          Found it at WC Turners
                          Oh man, I know which one you were talking about too, I was there yesterday. It was right next to the m1 garands. Good find.
                          NRA Life Member
                          SAF Life Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            pennys dad
                            Arizona Ex-Pat
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 5984

                            Originally posted by sfoan
                            Oh man, I know which one you were talking about too, I was there yesterday. It was right next to the m1 garands. Good find.
                            Thats the one, I am lucky I got out with just the one rifle. The Turners guys kept trying to work out a deal for me to take the 1903 and a Garand
                            Pennys Dad

                            Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              hcbr
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 4733

                              nice!
                              Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

                              "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
                              ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1