Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Found a Kopek

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Interloper
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 2680

    1937.
    Height of Soviet involvement in the Spanish Civil war.
    Purge of the Red Army and one of the worst Purge years in general. Lot's of history in that coin.

    Comment

    • #17
      Fate
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2006
      • 9545

      Yeah that's an awesome find!!
      sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

      "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
      , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

      Comment

      • #18
        mosinnagantm9130
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2009
        • 8783

        Now that is cool.
        Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
        My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

        Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
        Originally posted by ChopperX
        I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
        Originally posted by Jeff L
        Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

        Comment

        • #19
          CaliforniaLiberal
          #1 Bull Goose Loony
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2008
          • 4690

          Extremely cool. If it were me, I would keep it in the ammo pouch.
          Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
          CA Bill Search - https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
          California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/
          Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
          Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
          Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

          Comment

          • #20
            arctic2
            Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 172

            Great find. Love surprise's.

            Comment

            • #21
              metalliman545
              Banned
              • May 2010
              • 1257

              maybe it was the soldiers lucky coin? or perhaps his monthly salary he kept hidden so he wouldnt spend it at the bar!

              Comment

              • #22
                mj1
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 3318

                I found dice in the butt trap of a '44 G43, well just one die wrapped with the spare extractor/keeper in waxed paper. Just stuck up in there tight.

                Maybe the 1937 kopek was a lucky coin Gramp's gave him. I can't see some knacker sticking it in there or another way could have been a worker wishing to show the man at the front support.

                Cool find. I still have a picture of the die and extractor with a bit of the paper. I will have to dig them up. I would keep that coin as some good luck came your way.

                Cheers
                ...MJ...
                WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                Comment

                • #23
                  olhunter
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3707

                  Very cool.

                  I better go out and check those pouches again....
                  It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
                  You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
                  You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

                  The title is....."United States Marine".


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Interloper
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 2680

                    Originally posted by mj1
                    I found dice in the butt trap of a '44 G43,...
                    Ahhh sweet! Good luck charm for sure!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1