Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bound Book and Serial Numbers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PsychGuy274
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4289

    Bound Book and Serial Numbers

    Howdy All,

    Quick question: When I'm entering info into my bound book, do I record the original serial number on the receiver or do I record the import serial number? Does it even matter?

    Thanks!
    I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Colorado. Nothing I post is legal advice of any kind.

    CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

    CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
  • #2
    nick
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2008
    • 19152

    Definitely the importer's serial number, that's the one which would've been used in a DROS. Not sure about the original one. I record both, just in case.
    DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

    DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      trautert
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 653

      I always enter both in my bound book, but the ATFE (LMNOP) is the one who required the replacement serial number on the receiver and that is the one that counts. Mostly because Cyrillic Alphabet letters in Russian/Soviet sn's confuse us.

      Comment

      • #4
        PsychGuy274
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 4289

        Awesome,

        That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure!

        Thanks
        I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Colorado. Nothing I post is legal advice of any kind.

        CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

        CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1