Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cosmoline removal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    VacaDuck
    Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 329

    Well, i stripped the rifle down, removing all the wood. I let the parts soak in a mixture of brake cleaner and paint thinner for about an hour.

    I then took an old tooth brush to the parts and scrubbed them really well. After rinsing with hot water, I then let the parts soak in PB Blaster for a hour. Wiped them down really well and reassembled the rifle.

    The wood is pretty clean already, and i don't think it needs much attention.

    Comment

    • #17
      Flyin Brian
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Oct 2009
      • 3395

      When I get a new Milsurp for the collection, I usually sleep with it the first few nights, the body heat will melt the cosmoline off. Just make sure you change the sheets after. :P
      NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

      I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

      Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
      I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1