Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

m1 garand purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    RaceDay
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 1013

    Originally posted by Dr.Mauser
    What was your choice? Please tell me it wasn't a Standard Products Rack Grade
    Nope. Bavarian RG with flip sights. I hemmed and hawed and missed the boat on the flippers. Oh well, live and learn.

    I am curious if my order will arrive this year or not. Mailed 12/3, recd 12/7. I'm not in a rush but it would be nice for Fed Ex to show up on a day that I have already taken vacation.

    Comment

    • #17
      CSDGuy
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 3763

      Originally posted by maschronic
      i think it takes months to get signed up with CMP. after you place your order, it takes a little while before you get your rifle. if you are not in a hurry, CMP is the way to go.
      It doesn't take months to sign up... Just join a CMP affiliate like the CRPA or the Garand Collectors Association, show that you've done some firearms shooting activity (the ways you can qualify for that is in the application packet)... fill out the other info they require and send in the application. You're good to go at that point. Your initial application can include your rifle order, with payment.

      As long as you meet ALL the requirements, you're good to go. Seriously. No 03FFL required. They'll even tell you which rifles (modern ones) MUST be shipped to a local FFL. Most, however, can be shipped directly to your front door.

      Once your order goes in the mail, at that point, you get to wait. Once the order shows up in their e-store, cash the check, or charge the card, your rifle is only a matter of a couple weeks away from you.

      It's one heck of a deal.

      Comment

      • #18
        wksun88
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 1035

        Originally posted by run8
        I've had my FFL 03 for a couple years now and so far the brown shirts haven't showed up
        The only brown shirts you get are the UPS guys delivering rifles to you

        Comment

        • #19
          Dr.Mauser
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 1862

          im about 99.98% sure i did all my paper work right, if not will they call me or email me? and will it take them a while do you think?
          !!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!

          !!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!

          Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            Dekker
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1866

            I understand they can send it straight to your door with no FFL03 required, but what gives them immunity from the standard 03 practices? The standard rules are usually 2 non-prohibited CA residents can Cash and Carry a C&R but when you start passing state lines, that's when an FFL is required. Is it because they are working with the government?

            I'm heading tomorrow to my local range to get that firearms safety/use checklist completed. Chances are, they'll just be lazy and mark it all off without me having to do anything @_@ lol
            Last edited by Dekker; 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM.

            Comment

            • #21
              TRICKSTER
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2008
              • 12438

              Originally posted by Dekker
              I understand they can send it straight to your door with no FFL03 required, but what gives them immunity from the standard 03 practices? The standard rules are usually 2 non-prohibited CA residents can Cash and Carry a C&R but when you start passing state lines, that's when an FFL is required. Is it because they are working with the government?

              CMP RIFLE SALES. The federal law that established the CMP authorizes it to sell surplus military .22 rimfire and .30 cal. rifles and ammunition to qualified U. S. citizens who are members of gun clubs affiliated with the CMP. All purchasers must provide proof of having received gun safety or marksmanship training and pass an FBI NICS check.


              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

              Comment

              • #22
                RaceDay
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 1013

                Originally posted by Dr.Mauser
                im about 99.98% sure i did all my paper work right, if not will they call me or email me? and will it take them a while do you think?
                Relax. If you screw up they will contact you. Otherwise stuff will show up at your door in a month or so. You're overthinking this too much.

                Comment

                • #23
                  thefifthspeed
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 2674

                  Originally posted by RaceDay
                  Relax. If you screw up they will contact you. Otherwise stuff will show up at your door in a month or so. You're overthinking this too much.
                  +1

                  I've ordered probably a dozen plus things from CMP and everything has been fine. A few times i left things out or had something expired and they contacted me (if this happens they hold your spot in line). I never once called them because this just jams stuff up and backs them up. I remember reading a post from Orest a while back saying they used to receive an insane amount of calls from people asking where is my order, where is my order...It would be nice if these people would get pushed to the back of the line for being so impatient. I also think part of it is some people just like hearing that cute southern acent many of the phone receptionists have...lol

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    JAGGUY
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 1548

                    My CMP Garand will be here today! Can't wait.
                    1A-2A=-1A

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      reidnez
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1852

                      I'm finally getting my paperwork together for CMP. I don't know why I put this off for so long, it really isn't that difficult. I read up and realized that I'm already qualified in several ways for both club membership and marksmanship activity--military service, 03FFL holder, have taken some shooting courses. I joined GCA even though I probably didn't have to, as I am technically a reservist until 2012 (IRR.) But the magazine looks kinda cool

                      Even if you didn't have any of these things, you can join GCA for $25, get a range staff person to sign a piece of paper stating that he's seen you shoot something, get your form notarized, copy your birth certificate or passport, and you're good. They really do make it easy.
                      Last edited by reidnez; 12-17-2009, 10:25 AM.
                      Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        NRAhighpowershooter
                        Super Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 6485

                        the CMP makes it TOO easy!!! I've spent literally thousands of $$$$ with them....probbably along the lines of $20K in the last 10 years.....
                        'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '

                        Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Dr.Mauser
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 1862

                          I think im going to be joining you in that same venture. Im getting a check tomorrow, and Im sending it in for a Saginaw on Monday
                          !!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!

                          !!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!

                          Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            okimreloaded
                            Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 310

                            I heard - from the reddit gun sub-reddit that Korea is replacing all training weapons and getting rid of thousands of garands. Anybody know if this is true or if CMP will be getting hold of any?

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              sevensix2x51
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 3835

                              Originally posted by okimreloaded
                              I heard - from the reddit gun sub-reddit that Korea is replacing all training weapons and getting rid of thousands of garands. Anybody know if this is true or if CMP will be getting hold of any?
                              i was under the understanding that those garands were sold to s. korea, and therefore, s korea is not obligated to return them, and as such, cmp will never get ahold of those rifles. someone please correct me if i am wrong. i understand that, if anything, they will be sold to importers, and then will be in your local big5/mailorder surplus dealer...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                okimreloaded
                                Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 310

                                Originally posted by sevensix2x51
                                i was under the understanding that those garands were sold to s. korea, and therefore, s korea is not obligated to return them, and as such, cmp will never get ahold of those rifles. someone please correct me if i am wrong. i understand that, if anything, they will be sold to importers, and then will be in your local big5/mailorder surplus dealer...
                                I did some research - found an article on a korean language news website from september that said something about it. I did talk to a kid at the gun counter at big 5 and he told me they did have garands for black friday but they sold out and he told me he doesn't believe they'll carry them again. Then again - who knows...

                                Some other guy I read on another forum speculated that the problem was since the US gave these rifles to Korea they don't want to BUY them back...

                                Another guy said that according to the M1 Collectors club this rumor has been circulating for years and not to hold your breath. Anybody hear any different?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1