Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Semi-Auto Sten Build Project is Done!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thefifthspeed
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2674

    Semi-Auto Sten Build Project is Done!

  • #2
    Crusader
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 2995

    That is extremely cool. Looks great.

    Comment

    • #3
      VegasND
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2007
      • 8621

      Very, very cool. Nice job there.

      I'll be watching for the range report!
      People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
      --River Tam

      Comment

      • #4
        JagerTroop
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 3922

        nice job. That sten looks great.
        -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
        *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        And yes, this IS gun school.
        Welcome to class.
        Originally posted by bdsmchs
        There is life outside of Calguns
        Originally posted by IrishPirate
        stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

        Comment

        • #5
          nrakid88
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 3285

          WOW! I have totally wanted to build one of these but didnt even know how hard it was! Let me know if it works... if so I may have to get one myself.

          BTW what was the total cost on this thing?
          sigpic
          5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
          Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
          You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

          Comment

          • #6
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            Originally posted by nrakid88
            WOW! I have totally wanted to build one of these but didnt even know how hard it was! Let me know if it works... if so I may have to get one myself.

            BTW what was the total cost on this thing?
            I'm interested in knowing about the cost too.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #7
              thefifthspeed
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 2674

              Stens can be built for as cheap as $150-200 if you have the know-how, modify the FA bolt, and have metal at your disposal. My build cost a hair under $500 but that doesn't include the cost of blasting/welding/parking which I did myself.

              Comment

              • #8
                nrakid88
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 3285

                Hmmm. very interesting. I might have to get a kit if your performs well at the range.
                sigpic
                5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
                Originally posted by Cali-Shooter
                You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hybridatsun350
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 5336

                  Looks awesome. Great job! I was doing some research on Sten builds and really couldn't figure out if one could be built into a California legal configuration. Well, here's my answer!
                  Dom

                  ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SVT_Fox
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2006
                    • 3206

                    the sex
                    t
                    i
                    c
                    k

                    t
                    o
                    c
                    k

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Saigon1965
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 17278

                      Nicely done - Very sexy gun -

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mac Attack
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 2127

                        Nice work. Is that a Mk II or Mk III kit. I would like to see any additional pictures you have of your build if you have them posted somewhere.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          scout II
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 1490

                          Awesome Sten.I still have a couple of MKII kits and always was going to do it.Now that I see one done,I may do one finally myself.
                          What did you use for trigger parts?I would also like to see all the pictures you have.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            thefifthspeed
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 2674

                            Originally posted by SVT_Fox
                            the sex
                            I'm pretty sure this is the kit I bought from you, small world.


                            Originally posted by Mac Attack
                            Nice work. Is that a Mk II or Mk III kit. I would like to see any additional pictures you have of your build if you have them posted somewhere.

                            MkIII

                            Originally posted by Caiman
                            What's the approved way to modify the FA bolt? I saw one example but it was just an idea. I would like to know more if you can offer, as I really don't want to purchase a new bolt. Nice build by the way, give you self a pat on the back. Good job!
                            I'm not sure there is an "approved way" but I have seen people weld on extentions to make the bolt longer. You would also need to block the disconect level somehow and weld the selector switch. I'm not a big fan with playing around with FA parts to save a buck. Also remember is you have a FA bolt at the same time you have an original ID receiver you have a machine gun in the eyes of the ATF.

                            Originally posted by scout II
                            Awesome Sten.I still have a couple of MKII kits and always was going to do it.Now that I see one done,I may do one finally myself.
                            What did you use for trigger parts?I would also like to see all the pictures you have.
                            I'll try to post up a step by step build with dozens of photos within the week.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tillers_Rule
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 1034

                              Looks nice!

                              When you start your next project, make 2 and I'll buy one from you
                              sigpic
                              "Don't steal, the Government hates competition."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1