Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

COMMIE AMMO

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Pofoo
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1689

    Clinton banned all Chinese ammo.


    While I would like to buy good quality American ammo, I wonder what the political difference between Chinese, Russian, Yougoslavan, etc. ammo is.
    He let almost everything Chinese into the US, but not ammo. I think 7.62x39 was down to about $.06 a round. A lot of bang for your buck.

    Comment

    • #17
      beerman
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2009
      • 5197

      Originally posted by WMG
      What is commie ammo?
      Surplus or commercial?????
      Commercial sks ammo is anywhere around $219-$225 per 1k which is a tad lower then prior election times.

      Surplus mosin been gone but still found at higher prices , cheapest I have seen for surplus was $180 a tin of 440rds.
      As high as $227 for same tin.

      Many think mosin surplus will make a come back ..... but despite any battles where stock may be getting used ......... during the mid 90's mosin surplus was loaded with true armor piercing bullets.
      Now we can't import those .... so regardless don't hold your breath of cheap mosin surplus making a come back because even if peace breaks out tomorrow worldwide, there is another reason that will limit imports.
      Commercial mosin ammo is still there ....... cost more?
      More than what? More than when I stocked up sure but it's there.
      I loved playing with that AP ammo. Tungsten core..here's what it would do to a 5/8" thick steel plate....note the glancing shot with 1/2 a hole...this was shot with an SVT40@ 75 yds
      Last edited by beerman; 05-26-2017, 11:16 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        emcon5
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 3347

        Originally posted by 2761377
        PK shoots 7.62x54r and is still Russia's machine gun. I bet there are spam cans dated 2017 already.


        Yeah, but the former Soviet union had some hard economic times leading up to and after the collapse in 1991. I can t imagine they produced ammo at the same rate they did before.

        Additionally, the Soviet Union was not a member of C.I.P., Russia is, with all the bureaucratic stuff that comes with it, like proofing requirements for ammunition. That is why you see the mark of Proof House of Klimovsk on boxes of Tula Ammo. How Russia would go about proofing ammo potentially made decades before is an interesting question.

        I expect what we have been buying for the past decade or so has come from other former Soviet and Warsaw Pact states, like Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, etc, none of which are CIP members.

        I hope you are right, but I am not counting on ever seeing 7.62x54 surplus ever again.

        Comment

        • #19
          NOTABIKER
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2012
          • 7635

          Originally posted by kurac
          I remember getting the Chinese 7.62 x 39 in the early 90's it was about $100 for a wooden crate with two spam cans. The stuff was kind of rough, it was steel cased, steel jacketed all with the same copper wash, some corrosion on the outside, wrapped in a paper bundle with a twine tie. Good blasting ammo for commie guns though.

          I still have some norinco 7.62 39 in 20 round cardboard boxed. I just cant bring myself to use it when commercial is plentiful and cheap,

          Comment

          • #20
            beerman
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2009
            • 5197

            Originally posted by NOTABIKER
            I still have some norinco 7.62 39 in 20 round cardboard boxed. I just cant bring myself to use it when commercial is plentiful and cheap,
            yellow, green or red boxed? Wasn't the yellow boxed steel core?

            Comment

            • #21
              hambam105
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2013
              • 7083

              Yellow tip 54R ammo I ever saw was heavy ball, ~180 grain or so.

              The green spam can 54r that was for sale 3 years ago was going to ~$125 for 440 rounds. Late 70s, 147 fmj, excellent military grade corrosive ammo.

              Comment

              • #22
                major burnout
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Dec 2010
                • 3860

                Originally posted by Capybara
                If President Trump's Bromance with Putin continues, we may again have a huge river of spam cans making their way to our shores, they have billions of rounds over there they would like to sell to us.
                I thought it was nice of comrade obama to free the 35 Russian spies that were tampering with the election. Obama didn't arrest them he sent them home before trump could.
                Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

                Originally posted by rattlesnake_nm
                10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
                Originally posted by RickD427
                In addition to all of the above, please note that it is illegal for you to offer an "Assault Weapon" for sale while you are in California, even if the weapon is restricted to sale out of the state.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1