Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R handgun range report.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mustang
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2007
    • 5075

    C&R handgun range report.

    My younger son came home for the weekend and we hit the range with some C&R handguns, including an Astra 600/43 and an FN 1922 in 7.65 (.32 ACP). Somehow managed to crack a grip panel while shooting the Astra.



    The FN was throwing the rounds off to the left, although it could have been the ammo---60 year old Remington "kleenbore" green box. The gilding metal seemed to be turning into lead on many of the bullets.

    The Astra was shooting great with new Speer 124 gr MC ammo... 10 rounds at 10 yards, off-hand (about 2.5").

    Last edited by Mustang; 10-11-2016, 5:13 AM.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...
  • #2
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Nice, I need to do a C&R trip to the range too.

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #3
      onelonehorseman
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 4888

      Originally posted by Mustang
      My younger son came home for the weekend and we hit the range with some C&R handguns, including an Astra 600/43 and an FN 1922 in 7.65 (.32 ACP). Somehow managed to crack a grip panel while shooting the Astra.[/img]
      Some grips here if you don't want to clue it.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Capybara
        CGSSA Coordinator
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2012
        • 15622

        Very nice. Almost every trip to the range is a C&R trip for me, it's rare that I bring anything modern other than my AK.
        NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Mustang
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2007
          • 5075

          Thanks, guys!

          I'll look into the replacement grips.
          ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

          Comment

          • #6
            Enfield47
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2012
            • 6385

            Nice shooting Mustang. That Astra could give some modern guns a run for their money. Sorry about the cracked grip, hopefully you can find a replacement.

            Comment

            • #7
              Mustang
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2007
              • 5075

              Originally posted by Enfield47
              Nice shooting Mustang. That Astra could give some modern guns a run for their money. Sorry about the cracked grip, hopefully you can find a replacement.
              Thanks, E'47.

              I was shooting a Glock 23 this trip and the Astra did about as well as the G23.

              We were using this old .32 ammo in the FN 1922 this trip. I took a more careful look at it and discovered that it is actually a mix of old ammo...R-P, WRA, and Western headstamps. That could have contributed to its poor showing.

              ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

              Comment

              • #8
                Capybara
                CGSSA Coordinator
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2012
                • 15622

                Have you shot the Astra much? I don't shoot mine often because it is such a PITA to break down for cleaning but when I do, I am always amazed by the recoil, I've rarely felt such snap from a big, heavy all steel pistol in 9mm. They are cool pipe wrenches!
                NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mustang
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 5075

                  Originally posted by Capybara
                  Have you shot the Astra much? I don't shoot mine often because it is such a PITA to break down for cleaning but when I do, I am always amazed by the recoil, I've rarely felt such snap from a big, heavy all steel pistol in 9mm. They are cool pipe wrenches!
                  I don't shoot it a lot, but when I do I am always rewarded with consistent accuracy. The sights do require concentration, however.

                  I shot my Glock 23 on the same range outing. I was able to pick up the sights easier and shoot a little faster than the Astra, but no more accurately.

                  Here is my Glock 23 target...11 rounds, offhand at 10 yards

                  ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1