Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest CMP Service Grade Arrived

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ffjdh
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 205

    Originally posted by huntingsocal
    I was a bit surprised by that as well but I do like the grain on the stock so I'll probably just try and work with it
    You could probably iron/steam most, if not all of that out if you wanted to.

    Comment

    • #17
      huntingsocal
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 2319

      Originally posted by ffjdh
      You could probably iron/steam most, if not all of that out if you wanted to.
      That is what I was thinking and I do plan on finishing this stock so it will be good practice while I'm at it
      Low Mortgage Rates For Calguners in CA and Idaho:No Cost, No Obligation Mortgage Rate Analysis and SoCal/North Idaho House Hunting Guide Service. Plus, Free State Escape Planning

      Comment

      • #18
        Garandimal
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 2145

        Originally posted by huntingsocal
        I was a bit surprised by that as well but I do like the grain on the stock so I'll probably just try and work with it
        1. The M1 Garand is a tool - a Battle Rifle.
        2. That's a rack mark, from the op-rod of the M1 Garand next to it.
        3. It will affect neither operation nor group size.

        BLO that dry wood, Clean and Grease the metal, and go Shooting.

        Nice Service Grade Rifle.




        GR
        Last edited by Garandimal; 09-03-2016, 8:07 PM.


        (I think, therefore I am armed.)


        -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

        Comment

        • #19
          Tere_Hanges
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 6270

          I took my most recent CMP rifle out to Sac Valley today. It is a LEAD 65 rebuild. Wow!... just, Wow! I think its a keeper. Already sighted in. Hitting bullseye at 100yds no problemo.
          CRPA and NRA member.

          Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

          Comment

          • #20
            Mustang
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 5075

            What ammo were you using?

            Think about bringing it out to the vintage semi-auto military silhouette match sometime.
            ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

            Comment

            • #21
              Tere_Hanges
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2013
              • 6270

              Originally posted by Mustang
              What ammo were you using?

              Think about bringing it out to the vintage semi-auto military silhouette match sometime.
              HXP. Its good stuff.

              Been meaning to. I wore my HBTs and roughouts to the range today.
              CRPA and NRA member.

              Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

              Comment

              • #22
                Mustang
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2007
                • 5075

                Originally posted by lightcav
                HXP. Its good stuff.

                Been meaning to. I wore my HBTs and roughouts to the range today.
                The match has to be shot with SP or HP because of the silhouettes. Do you reload?
                ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

                Comment

                • #23
                  Tere_Hanges
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 6270

                  I got some commercial 150gr soft point I can splurge on.
                  CRPA and NRA member.

                  Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Gavelek
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 1275

                    The heat is on, waiting for mine

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Mustang
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 5075

                      Originally posted by lightcav
                      I got some commercial 150gr soft point I can splurge on.
                      That should work
                      ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Father Ted
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 889

                        Originally posted by Danodog
                        Big ding in that beautiful stock. I wouldn't be happy with that, but then again I like my C&R's pretty and new.
                        That's funny, I wouldn't be happy with a new stock
                        Congrats, looks like you're on a roll.
                        Cheers
                        "The answer to 1984 is 1776!" - Mahatma Gandhi

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          hollowpoint67
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 1452

                          Any other members get one? I'm on the fence about ordering, not a fan of new wood which is why there's hesitation.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            SonofWWIIDI
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 21583

                            Sweet!
                            Sorry, not sorry.
                            🎺

                            Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Tere_Hanges
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 6270

                              Originally posted by hollowpoint67
                              Any other members get one? I'm on the fence about ordering, not a fan of new wood which is why there's hesitation.
                              Well, I ordered 3 at once and they all had GI wood. This was a recent order received at the end of July.

                              So your best bet is to order at least 3 then you might get one with GI wood. I dont think you will have a problem finding a home for any rifles you dont want to keep.
                              CRPA and NRA member.

                              Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                huntingsocal
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 2319

                                Originally posted by lightcav
                                Well, I ordered 3 at once and they all had GI wood. This was a recent order received at the end of July.

                                So your best bet is to order at least 3 then you might get one with GI wood. I dont think you will have a problem finding a home for any rifles you dont want to keep.
                                Well alrighty then, next time I'll send in an order for 3!

                                The two I've received so far this year both had new wood, and both had a note on the order requesting USGI wood if at all possible. So I'll just send in an order for three and keep my mouth shut about any special requests.
                                Low Mortgage Rates For Calguners in CA and Idaho:No Cost, No Obligation Mortgage Rate Analysis and SoCal/North Idaho House Hunting Guide Service. Plus, Free State Escape Planning

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1