Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR shooting high.....search button failure

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • technique
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 10639

    AR shooting high.....search button failure

    I know, I know......I just read a headline about this not that long ago, and a hundred times before that....I just wish i would have read one of them!!!

    So I'm trying to save a customer some time here and fix the problem. I don't want him to actually pay a gunsmith for a sight issue.( I will pay it for him actually)

    Spankin new Highstandard rifle with triangle front sight post, and A.R.M.S 40 rear sight. He has the front sight post in the highest position possible and he says he is still hitting 3 feet high of his target. I'm baffled..... It you need more info to help, let me know.... its got a 1;9 and he's using correct ammo.

    Thanks
    California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
    Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

    I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...
  • #2
    Jpach
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 4707

    I have the ARMS 38 Swan mount w flip up sight and my rifle shoots fairly high as well and slightly to the left and there is no more adjustment that can be made. Im assuming this is common with ARMS sights? As far as what to do, Im sorry to say that I cannot help you, as I havent figured out what to do myself besides putting an ACOG on it!
    PM or Email me if you have questions: Jpach89@gmail.com

    Check out my LMT .308 AR
    Originally posted by kotton
    I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
    Originally posted by bomb_on_bus
    Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.

    Comment

    • #3
      bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      at what range is he hitting 3 feet high and is he using the peep or the groove on top? the groove is for far away the peep is for close which is kinda counter intuitive

      you would think the groove is for close work and the peep is for accuracy at distance

      Comment

      • #4
        technique
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2008
        • 10639

        Ya know... I was just reading up on the sight seeing as I don't use one, I think its the rear sight....I think...he wasn't using that groove he was using the peep hole below it. He never tried the CQB. He was shooting high at 100 yards. So how do you align the sights with this rear sight???
        California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
        Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

        I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

        Comment

        • #5
          redcliff
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2008
          • 5676

          If he's not using the wrong sight aperture, is he using a standard front sight base with a flat-top upper, not a F marked fsb? Bushmaster and others make a higher front sight post for this mismatch.
          "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
          "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
          "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

          "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
          although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

          Comment

          • #6
            technique
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2008
            • 10639

            Originally posted by redcliff
            If he's not using the wrong sight aperture, is he using a standard front sight base with a flat-top upper, not a F marked fsb? Bushmaster and others make a higher front sight post for this mismatch.
            Bingo!!!!
            California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
            Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

            I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

            Comment

            • #7
              technique
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2008
              • 10639

              thank you...
              California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
              Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

              I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1