Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Iron zeroing question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    SloChicken
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 4533

    Originally posted by 11Bravo4
    besides, who can actually, without google explain 1MOA?
    Really ???

    1 minute of angle = 1" at 100yds.

    MRAD is a little more complex and is derived from measurement of a radian angle within a circle, but this is a story for another time.

    I don't need to be telling you this with your MOS advertised on your screen name though - I am sure you already got's this ...
    Last edited by SloChicken; 05-27-2013, 5:15 PM.
    sigpic

    Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
    To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

    Comment

    • #32
      SloChicken
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 4533

      Originally posted by 11Bravo4
      your service rifle is just as good as the one next to it on the line. The shooter is the variable. Scopes are a more precise tool than iron sights. You do not need a very skinny pin for a front sight to be accurate as long as you aim with the middle of the pin consistently. The shooter is the variable, the shooter is the variable, the shooter is the variable. once you have two equally proficient shooters, ammo, wind, ballistics, etc become the variable. the key to precision shooting with iron sights is how your looking through them. your eyes can't focus on three plains at once, rear sight, front sight, and target. use the rear aperture to center the frontn sight. focus on the MIDDLE of the front sight being on your intendend target POI. calmly manage your breathing firing only on your natural respiratory pause squeezing, not pulling the trigger straight back, holding the trigger to the rear after the round has been fired, not snapping the trigger and letting go. plus a whole bunch of other fundamentals I skipped over to make the point.

      this ...
      sigpic

      Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
      To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

      Comment

      • #33
        XenosAce
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 3165

        Originally posted by barrage
        Put it on the hanguard as a back up iron sight for your optic. The key phrase is "back up iron sight".

        FFS guys, try reveling less in your collective ignorance and figure out how to accept when people answer your questions, especially when it doesn't involve turning rifles into your favorite Call of Duty weapons. You don't even understand how your own ****ing rifles work!
        HEY! I like Battlefield. It has bullet drop!
        Call of Duty sucks!

        Oh by the way my rifle can not be turned into a video game gun. It has metal and I know it doesnt shoot blanks when I am yards away from a target that I am pointing at. Oh and I know all my rifle very intimately. I have been all inside them and made them... well you know.... explode

        "Yo buddy, you still alive?" -Larry "Pixy" Foulke

        Originally posted by FremontJames
        XenosAce, San Diego's finest drunk wrasslin' tranny 'snatchin security guard.

        Comment

        • #34
          11Bravo4
          Banned
          • Mar 2012
          • 83

          How many minutes in a degree?
          how many minutes in 360 degrees?
          What's 1 MOA at 650 meters? yes meters, not yards.

          I'm just curious. I like all this posting...

          Comment

          • #35
            11Bravo4
            Banned
            • Mar 2012
            • 83

            um, put thing in tube, tube go boom...lol

            Comment

            • #36
              MrPlink
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2010
              • 12532

              How do they hold the guns so steady in CoD? If I moved my FS to my GB would it help?
              The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

              disclaimer:
              everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

              Comment

              • #37
                caoboy
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 2400

                Originally posted by 11Bravo4
                How many minutes in a degree?
                how many minutes in 360 degrees?
                What's 1 MOA at 650 meters? yes meters, not yards.

                I'm just curious. I like all this posting...
                About 7"?

                Comment

                • #38
                  11Bravo4
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 83

                  hell ya, 7' would get you a hit. love your show.... at least someone here can back up an MOA statement, my man...

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    11Bravo4
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 83

                    7''.....my bad

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      11Bravo4
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 83

                      6.5"" would be exact however...

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        11Bravo4
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 83

                        happy memorial day to everybody... out

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Wicked Pete
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2010
                          • 5182

                          Originally posted by 11Bravo4
                          um, put thing in tube, tube go boom...lol
                          ^^^^^^

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            lwbyo1
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 712

                            Originally posted by 11Bravo4
                            6.5"" would be exact however...
                            Incorrect.

                            1 MOA @ 650 yards = 6.8"

                            1 MOA @ 650 meters = 7.44"
                            Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. Some people are just incapable of understanding the simplest of things.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              metalliman545
                              Banned
                              • May 2010
                              • 1257

                              Originally posted by SloChicken
                              Okay dude, whatever you say ...

                              I shoot fine with iron sights. The simple fact is a forward post will obscure more of the target than a 1moa dot (on an eotech), or a fine duplex crosshair of a scope.
                              They can be accurate, yes, but unless you have a very skinny blade, or are adjusting to use a small portion of the blade, they are simply not as precise as a scope.

                              That, is more precise.

                              Not really going to explain it at less than a 4th grade reading level for you. You will either accept it, or enjoy your smug ignorance.

                              Your choice.
                              quit whining you whiner. ive shoot sub moa groups with service grade M4s lollipop rear sights and standard front sights, please explain to me how its not "precise".

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                metalliman545
                                Banned
                                • May 2010
                                • 1257

                                seriously, I want to know how I could shoot sub moa but you cant. the whole time I "owned" my rifle (colt 1855167) it always got tighter groupings than I ever expected. I know I put at a minimum of 2k rounds through it in the 4 years It belonged to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1