Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Charging handle issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dpak408
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 127

    Charging handle issues

    Just bought a BCM upper with centurion 12 hand guard from a fellow calgunner without a BCG. I am having an issue with the charging handle not seating In properly and won't even slide at all it gets stuck. I don't know which brand charging handle it is . I also have another upper that I tested with and it slides in just fine. Do guys think there are different types of sizes on the charging handles or I have defective upper? Please help very frustrated if the seller knew this issue .
  • #2
    OGPhantom
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 75

    Look inside the upper for defects. If so you might be able to use a small file to smooth it out. Post pics of inside the upper. The shafts of charging handles are all only one spec. They are universal, tho AR10s I believe are different. Its an upper issue. The guide for it probably got machined a little off.
    Last edited by OGPhantom; 02-17-2013, 2:31 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      MrPlink
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2010
      • 12532

      Slides as in with the bcg installed or just the upper?
      The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

      disclaimer:
      everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

      Comment

      • #4
        starsnuffer
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 2212

        Probably a misaligned gas tube.

        -W

        Comment

        • #5
          gunnerstuff
          Member
          • May 2009
          • 458

          Originally posted by starsnuffer
          Probably a misaligned gas tube.

          -W
          My first thought too.
          Need .50 Beowulf and .458 SOCOM Magazines? Get them: HERE

          Ruger 10/22 TD Field Strip Thumb Screw Knobs... Are HERE!

          Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

          Comment

          • #6
            dpak408
            Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 127

            So I drove over to my buddy's house and used his charge handle and it fit perfectly fine. I don't think it was the issue with the BCM UPPER.for some reason the charge handle that I have is a little too wide as same with my brothers
            . I am releived now I thought it was a defective upper from BCM.

            Comment

            • #7
              OGPhantom
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 75

              Originally posted by starsnuffer
              Probably a misaligned gas tube.

              -W
              He didnt mention barrel length so i assumed stripped upper. Good call. I should have mentioned that also. Picture will say for sure whats wrong with it.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                OGPhantom
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 75

                Originally posted by dpak408
                So I drove over to my buddy's house and used his charge handle and it fit perfectly fine. I don't think it was the issue with the BCM UPPER.for some reason the charge handle that I have is a little too wide as same with my brothers
                . I am releived now I thought it was a defective upper from BCM.
                Glad you figured it out. CH was probably made in China. Get a BCM Gunfighter.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  dpak408
                  Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 127

                  Thank you every one for your help first my tranny goes out on my tahoe last night and then my MY UPPER ! I rather have my tranny go out at least parts are available for market price not like this gun craze!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JDay
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19393

                    Well if it had been the upper the good news is that BCM warranties their products for life. IIRC they have the best warranty in the industry.
                    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                    The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      peter95
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 2488

                      separate the upper from lower.
                      Flip the upper and put the charging handle in. Slowly slide it in.

                      When it stops, check to see what the problem is. Doesn't seem hard to figure out the exact problem. Its its a miss aligned gas tube, fix it. If its a small imperfection on the upper, shave it off.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Oliver_Charles
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 1196

                        ***
                        Last edited by Oliver_Charles; 01-11-2014, 2:43 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1