Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

#$@#%@ bullet button!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Jicko
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 8774

    Originally posted by Sleepy1988
    I just got a bullet button in the mail and it won't fit in my lower receiver! I have a stag lower and only one end of the bullet button (the end with larger hole) fits, and even that is tight and got stuck. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull it out and when I did it marred the bullet button badly. Anyone else have this problem? It's a GENII bullet button.
    Before you swear.... take a pic of your item and post....
    - LL
    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
    sigpic

    New to Calguns, check here first:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

    Comment

    • #17
      EBR Works
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Dec 2007
      • 10492

      I put a BB2 in a new Stag lower and it fit perfectly without modification. I didn't have to kiss, fondle or sweet talk the lower at all to get it to go in easily!
      Last edited by EBR Works; 03-21-2008, 9:54 PM.


      Check out our e-commerce site here:

      www.ebrworks.com

      Serving you from Prescott, AZ

      Comment

      • #18
        moulton
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 2788

        Originally posted by AKman
        In the future, the BB is a lot easier to get in if you rub it gently and talk to it nicely before just ramming the thing in there.
        all that foreplay is nice, but I hear it rally wants some lube, preferably vagasill, astroglide or even CLP.
        Originally posted by Soldier415
        If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        Not everyone is so smart.
        We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

        Comment

        • #19
          aplinker
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2007
          • 16762

          Originally posted by Paratus et Vigilans
          That's JUST ONE OF THE REASONSwhy Darin's Da Man!
          Fixed it for you.

          Originally posted by moulton
          all that foreplay is nice, but I hear it rally wants some lube, preferably vagasill, astroglide or even CLP.
          Please, to all those reading, don't use water-based lubricants in an AR. No matter how much they help you take it up the back-side, they're not good for the rifle.

          Google Map of OLL Dealers

          List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
          Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
          This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

          Comment

          • #20
            moulton
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 2788

            Originally posted by uclaplinker
            Fixed it for you.



            Please, to all those reading, don't use water-based lubricants in an AR. No matter how much they help you take it up the back-side, they're not good for the rifle.
            a birdy told me it worked, no personal experience however....although Soldier415 may
            Originally posted by Soldier415
            If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            Not everyone is so smart.
            We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

            Comment

            • #21
              aplinker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2007
              • 16762

              Originally posted by moulton
              a birdy told me it worked, no personal experience however....although Soldier415 may
              http://www.ar15.com/content/swat/keepitrunning.pdf
              unbelievable... zero sense to that.

              I guess the "paramilitary" SWAT is to military as the "paralympics" is to the US Olympic team... that's just beyond me...

              First off, if I had nothing else, maybe... but who in they heeeeyck packs Astroglide in their bugout bag? I can't imagine a situation where that would be more accessible...

              Regardless, hilarious, thanks for the link buddy.

              Google Map of OLL Dealers

              List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
              Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
              This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

              Comment

              • #22
                wearemisled
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2007
                • 60

                So is the overall consensus that the second generation BB2 is the best model to use right now?

                Comment

                • #23
                  tenpercentfirearms
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 13007

                  Originally posted by wearemisled
                  So is the overall consensus that the second generation BB2 is the best model to use right now?
                  No. First, there is no second generation BBII. It is simply the BBII.

                  Second, I personally like either the 1st generation BBI or better yet the second generation BBI to the BBII. I do not feel the need to have a shorter Bullet Button housing and like the peace of mind of the longer housing. We have never been able to get the BBII to manipulate with anything but a tool, but I still feel better with a BBI myself. To each their own.

                  Hammering the first generation BBI into the receiver never bothered me. However, those models are now gone out of my inventory and now there is only the BBI and the BBII. However, the BBII might fade from existence you might want to get them now.
                  www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    aplinker
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 16762

                    I prefer the newer generation. I like black nuts. They're more appealing.

                    (Yes, I'm aware of what I typed).

                    Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                    No. First, there is no second generation BBII. It is simply the BBII.

                    Second, I personally like either the 1st generation BBI or better yet the second generation BBI to the BBII. I do not feel the need to have a shorter Bullet Button housing and like the peace of mind of the longer housing. We have never been able to get the BBII to manipulate with anything but a tool, but I still feel better with a BBI myself. To each their own.

                    Hammering the first generation BBI into the receiver never bothered me. However, those models are now gone out of my inventory and now there is only the BBI and the BBII. However, the BBII might fade from existence you might want to get them now.

                    Google Map of OLL Dealers

                    List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                    Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                    This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      moulton
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 2788

                      [QUOTE=uclaplinker; I like black nuts. They're more appealing.
                      [/QUOTE]

                      Sig Worthy
                      Originally posted by Soldier415
                      If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      Not everyone is so smart.
                      We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57182

                        Originally posted by moulton
                        Sig Worthy
                        Yes indeed.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Soldier415
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 9537

                          Originally posted by uclaplinker
                          I prefer the newer generation. I like black nuts. They're more appealing.
                          I'll show you mine someday. They are laminated and buffed to a high sheen...
                          Originally posted by harmoniums
                          Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
                          My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
                          Originally posted by bwiese
                          Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            aplinker
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 16762

                            Originally posted by Soldier415
                            I'll show you mine someday. They are laminated and buffed to a high sheen...
                            I assume you're talking about your gimp downstairs, that you keep locked up in the cage next to the Chief's?

                            Google Map of OLL Dealers

                            List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                            Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                            This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              blackhawk411
                              Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 439

                              I tapped mine in with a spring hammer lol

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                ar15barrels
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 57182

                                Originally posted by blackhawk411
                                I tapped mine in with a spring hammer

                                Were they black and blue afterwards?
                                Randall Rausch

                                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1