Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Fail Zero NiB BCG ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RippSpeed
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 789

    Fail Zero NiB BCG ???

    I've been wanting to get the Fail Zero Nickel Boron BCG ...


    First let me explain why I'm looking @ one...I have a RRA chrome BCG right now; I thought since its hard chrome it would be easier to clean. But I guess not .. Even after dunking in my heated ultrasonic cleaner with a solution of simple green and dish washer liquid; for an hour. I still need to scrape the back part of the bolt. The carrier itself comes out like new but the carbon on the back of the bolt requires scraping ... I mean there isnt a ton of it but just enough to have issues with my OCD ... I can never clean it enough


    Thats where the Fail Zero comes in ... I know performance wise its going to be the same as my RRA performance wise ( I have no issues with my current BCG ) but is cleaning it after shooting 200 to 500rds of Federal Bulk ammo and BlackHills heavy match ammo going to be easier ???
    USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency
  • #2
    wash
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2007
    • 9011

    It's too bad you can't nickel boron coat your OCD.

    I think I tried Federal XM193 and wasn't really impressed with the cleanliness of the ammo. PMC bronze and 62 grain X-Tac both seemed cleaner and while there is some carbon on the bolts, I can go more than 500 rounds between bolt cleanings with no issues. It just keeps on running if I have enough lube in it.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by oaklander
    Dear Kevin,

    You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
    Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.

    Comment

    • #3
      HK Dave
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2008
      • 5737

      Yes, it'll be easier. I noticed a significant difference in the ease of cleaning between my chromed bolts and my standard.

      Comment

      • #4
        FeuerFrei
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2008
        • 7455

        bolt tail cleaning is not necessary. ever. except if you're ocd.
        i have put more than 5 cases of ammo through one of my ARs w/FZ carrier group and the tail still gets dirty. less lube makes carbon stick more and more lube less... you get that. clean it with an empty 556 case and scrape the crap off of any bolt tail. done.
        side note: i only lube the gas rings on the FZ bolt. everything else runs dry...still.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1