Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Piston AR with an A2 Front sight?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bellehood
    Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 187

    Piston AR with an A2 Front sight?

    With deployment #2 coming up, its time for extravagant shopping spree #2. I'm strongly considering a piston driven AR. Please, leave your piston vs DI debate in your cute little brains. I don't care. I have nothing against DI's, I've been using them for years. And simply, I'm tired of cleaning them. But that's another thing.

    To the point; I like having an A2 front sight post. It's what I have always used, A2 front sight + an aimpoint, and I'm good for life. However, the only piston AR's I can find with an A2 FS, are LWRC. And lets face it, those guys gouge the sh1t out of their prices.

    So, you guys know of others?
    Jobs I have had, payed for by your tax dollars:
    -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 203
    -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 249
    -Sandbag-filler who carries around a radio
    -That guy, who when given a single, normal M4, hides in the Bradley, and sleeps.
  • #2
    starsnuffer
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 2212

    How about just using an A2 style sight on the rail so you leave your options open? Why so dead set on it being part of the piston block?



    -W

    Comment

    • #3
      Bellehood
      Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 187

      because A2 front sight posts are stronger, that's all really. I guess I've seen too many M4's dropped out of trucks, blown up, ran over, tossed down cliffs, and all the breakage involved with a good beating. But I've never seen an A2 FS break, more like it breaks whatever it hits. I have seen a number of flip sights break, or pins within them break, or the knob fall off.

      Those sights you posted are interesting, I've never seen a Back up front sight like that.
      Jobs I have had, payed for by your tax dollars:
      -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 203
      -Sandbag-filler who carries around a 249
      -Sandbag-filler who carries around a radio
      -That guy, who when given a single, normal M4, hides in the Bradley, and sleeps.

      Comment

      • #4
        Droppin Deuces
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 5969

        Osprey Defense. I've had an Adams Arms upper that I loved, but I also like having the A2 tower up front, so the next time I go piston, I'm getting an Osprey kit.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          FeuerFrei
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2008
          • 7455

          I have several POF uppers and one had a bolt on non-flip front sight.
          Built like a tank but,....

          Good piston setup and VERY accurate. (16")

          Comment

          • #6
            Cali-Shooter
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2009
            • 9192

            If you hate the LWRC MSRP prices, cruise around and you might find a good deal on a used one, maybe even here in the CGN private marketplace. They are bound to be cheaper than retail, if they aren't all retrofitted with so much tacticool.

            Other than that, I would just go with a cheaper flattop piston rifle (that can install a full handguard rail), install a rail, and mount a solid AR FS on it, and a decent rear sight to your liking.
            In Glock We Trust.
            Originally posted by jeep7081
            My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
            Originally posted by AleksandreCz
            Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
            WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

            Comment

            • #7
              FatalKitty
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 2942



              you don't rise to the occasion,
              you just fall back on your level of training.

              Comment

              • #8
                chesterthehero
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 2070

                or just get a clamp on A2 and put it wherever you want..


                ive got a buddy who has a 20" piston set up for 3gun with this sight clamped on way at the end of the berrel right behind the muzzle..
                Boy the way Glen Miller played, songs that made the hit parade, guys like us we had it made, those were the days, and you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men, mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again, didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old Lasalle ran great, those were the days!

                who wants a fishtank?

                Comment

                • #9
                  kemikalembalance
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 599

                  Im a fan of adams arms piston systems. but if you want to keep the A2, you have to go with osprey. my ar mentor did one and wasnt impressed.
                  ,
                  and our leaders allow themselves to be spoon fed with foreign BS and have forgotten that the great majority of americans do not live in secluded gated comunities with private security 24/7 like they do, while the rest of us are subject to defending ourselves without Police escorts whenever we need it. they dont realize we are subject to different dangers than they are, and we must have and keep the right do defend ourselves!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    zipman5150
                    Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 146

                    I Took one of my M4's and Did the Osprey Defense conversion to it. So It has an A2 Front sight but is a Piston. once i dialed in the gun( eg Buffer's) it runs like a champ, Stays Cool and allot cleaner. I just ordered another Osprey kit to convert my other M4.

                    ✟ In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."✟ -1911 Opperator

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1