Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PTR91

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    DasBoost
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 1811

    Question: Source on rebuild kits to make 10/20s? 10rd mags are between $35 and $40 a piece and the $60 5 rd mags are even worse. I've checked HKParts, Solar Tactical, 44Mag, CALegalMags, but no luck except for the one I mentioned up top at HKParts. Anyone have ideas or sources?
    Originally posted by shakes88
    I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
    REDACTED

    Comment

    • #32
      BHPFan
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 2264

      Originally posted by Norsemen308
      anything with the word "clone" should be refused.... if you really want a PTR91 get an HK not a knock off.
      Yeah... and the civi HK (91, 41, 911, SR9 or whatever designation) is a clone of the HK G3, which in turn is a clone of the Spanish CETME mod B.

      To the OP, nothing wrong with the PTR91. Like DSA with their FAL "clones", they are not reverse engineered: Supposedly, JLD Enterprise (the manufacturer) got the blueprints and tools from the Portuguese G3 manufacturers to produce them.
      They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      ~ Benjamin Franklin

      Comment

      • #33
        BHPFan
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 2264

        Originally posted by acaligunner
        The SAR's are made by Springfield Armory, on H&K machines, using H&K parts, and was a contracted agreement by the H&K & SA companies.
        Not necessarily true... The SAR-3 and SAR-8 were imported by Springfield from a Greek G3 manufacturer (Hellenic Arms Industry) who is licensed by HK to build G3's.
        They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        ~ Benjamin Franklin

        Comment

        • #34
          lehn20
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 2355

          Good looking bang stick Nikonuser. Is the serial on yours above AW#8000 so it eats anything?

          Comment

          • #35
            Sturnovik
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2937

            Ca legal mags hard to find?

            Comment

            • #36
              BKTJ
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 797

              To get 10 or 5 rd HK mags just make them. Take the .97 cent aluminum HK mags, band saw or Dremel the body down, form the tabs to hold the lower plate and cut the spring. We made a few this way and they worked. The hard part was bending the tabs, as on some of the mags the aluminum is brittle and snaps off. A couple of the 10 rounders only hold 9 (measure once cut 2 or 3 times).

              I'm going to try pinning them next. It would be a bunch easier and works with AR mags.

              Comment

              • #37
                DasBoost
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 1811

                Originally posted by BKTJ
                I'm going to try pinning them next. It would be a bunch easier and works with AR mags.
                That's what I was thinking of doing but I don't know of a source that will sell to CA as rebuilds.
                Originally posted by shakes88
                I went to drop one duece and I come back to pedo-spiderman, dead cats and ***** ******* tattoos... I love this thread
                REDACTED

                Comment

                • #38
                  sir9usr
                  Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 199

                  BPP11 (HK11) built off a PTR receiver

                  Here's what I got out of jail today. Built on a PTR by Carlos at BeltFed Precision. When it sits next to my HK SR9 the quality of this receiver really shines...


                  Here's what it looked like in July



                  May try to wring it out at the range this Friday but I have to get my Blazer smogged first....will come back with a full report...

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    zombiescanlearn
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1942

                    How does the PTR91 rate against the PTR32?

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Bongos
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4095

                      Originally posted by zombiescanlearn
                      The problem is, HK no longer make these rifles and the old ones that HK did make are being offer at prices that include such a premium that they are out of my budget... and they're used!!!
                      Plus it's a AW

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        2600fromAtari
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 836

                        I am incredibly JEALOUS!!!

                        Originally posted by sir9usr
                        Here's what I got out of jail today. Built on a PTR by Carlos at BeltFed Precision. When it sits next to my HK SR9 the quality of this receiver really shines...


                        Here's what it looked like in July



                        May try to wring it out at the range this Friday but I have to get my Blazer smogged first....will come back with a full report...
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          anothergunnut
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 1819

                          Originally posted by Javi
                          I really like these PTR91's, even though I don't know much about the H&K rifle's history. I'm practically in love with the DSA FAL's so I don't know which one I would buy first. Eh, would probably end up with both haha. Maybe I'll go play around with one at Turners' just to get familiar with them.
                          I much prefer the FAL over the H&K. The FAL is much more comfortable to shoot, has a bolt hold open device, and can pivot open to clean. The H&K is super easy to field strip and has good sights. I can see myself building a FAL but since I can't weld, the H&K eludes me.
                          Check back later for a witty comment.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Javi
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 4540

                            Originally posted by anothergunnut
                            I much prefer the FAL over the H&K. The FAL is much more comfortable to shoot, has a bolt hold open device, and can pivot open to clean. The H&K is super easy to field strip and has good sights. I can see myself building a FAL but since I can't weld, the H&K eludes me.
                            I love that the FAL has the charging handle on the left side. You could probably charge her up with a cheek weld & still looking down the sights, no? I don't really know how these PTR91 work although I think I see people karate chopping it into battery? lol.
                            Originally posted by d4v0s
                            My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
                            R.I.P. Thomas C.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              RAMCHARGER
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 997

                              I saw/foldled one at Turners last night. I really, really liked it. But I can only buy one if it will function with Brown Bear ammo cuz thats all I can find cheap enough to plink all day long with. Looks like NO X-mas gifts for my kids this year

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                anothergunnut
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 1819

                                I don't think I am strong enough to pull the bolt back and keep it on target while the FAL is mounted on my shoulder although others may be able to. I'm not sure why you would want to anyway; just hit the bolt release after inserting a fresh magazine.

                                The H&K design does not have a traditional bolt lock so it doesn't lock open on an empty magazine. You have to manually lock the bolt open by pulling it back and turning the bolt handle into the recess that locks it open. You can then do the tactical "karate chop" to get it back into action. Stylish in the movies but I prefer the bolt locks open on an empty magazine.
                                Check back later for a witty comment.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1