Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bullet button question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    donw
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 1754

    i don't really understand why all the hullabaloo over bullet buttons...they function perfectly fine if used as intended; you may have all the "evil" features you want on an AR as long as the BB is incorporated. (please correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

    dropping a 10 round mag with a "tool" is just effective as without a "tool" isn't it? it's out of the firearm isn't it? and...i like it much better than the alternative that is offered by the CAR-15 that requires the opening of the receiver each time you need to recharge the permanently affixed magazine.

    if you really believe you need to drop a mag as fast as one would a standard AR without a BB...then practice with a "tool".

    if what I'm reading is NOT illegal, simply attach the "tool" to your wrist via lanyard or in a very convenient pouch attached to YOUR CLOTHING.

    they're (bullet buttons) a 'legal' way around the DOJ/state legislatures stupidity, ignorance and arrogance.

    if you're in a SD/HD situation, if you need more than 10 rounds you will probably have a very difficult time, legally, claiming SD.

    you have to work within "their" system to defeat them; the bullet button is one step in the direction of defeating them.
    NRA life member, US Army Veteran

    i am a legend in my own mind...

    we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

    "The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."

    Comment

    • #17
      djleisure
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 4734

      Originally posted by donw
      i don't really understand why all the hullabaloo over bullet buttons...
      Agreed with everything you said, but there doesn't seem to be much hullabaloo going on. Just someone asking about the bullet button magnet "rapid release" tool. The fact is, some of us go out of state to shoot and it's actually really nice to be able to drop mags like god (or at least Stoner) intended. That is why all of the new style of BBs have an in-state and out-of-state mode. No big deal when used legally.

      When I'm in state, I use a tool attached to the middle finger of my shooting glove and it works great! When I'm out of state, I drop mags like a god Stoner!
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

      Comment

      • #18
        CHS
        Moderator Emeritus
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2008
        • 11338

        Originally posted by djleisure
        That is why all of the new style of BBs have an in-state and out-of-state mode. No big deal when used legally.
        I just keep the original mag release in my pistol grip and remove the bullet button entirely.

        Extra gizmos to modify the bullet button just end up getting lost and it takes less than a minute to remove the bullet button and install the standard magazine release.
        Please read the Calguns Wiki
        Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
        --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1