Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FTS Mount question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lost.monkey
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 583

    FTS Mount question

    Folks,

    Has anyone purchased/used one of these: http://www.longhorntactical.com/flmoforma.html

    I'm looking for a decent stand-in for the Samson FTS quick release that comes with the EOTech magnifier.

    I'm just a recreational shooter, and a friend of mine let me borrow his EOTech yesterday, and I loved it..... until I saw what he paid for it.

    I have an EOTech 512.A65, and that hurt my wallet enough as it is!

    Please advise!
    Last edited by Lost.monkey; 03-07-2011, 2:34 PM.
    NRA Life Member
    Oathkeeper Life Member

  • #2
    Don29palms
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 1829

    Look at he ones from Primary Arms.
    Using gun control to stop crime is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline!
    You don't have to get permission to exercise a RIGHT. If you have to get permission or can be told no by the government it is no longer a right. IT IS A PRIVILEGE!
    AR-15 ASSEMBLY CHECK LIST FOR BUILDERS

    Comment

    • #3
      djleisure
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 4734

      The best FTS mount I've used (I've only used two) is the LaRue FTS mount. It is crazy solid and the action for moving it to the side is intuitive and smooth.



      ------------------------------------------------------------
      iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

      Comment

      • #4
        TurboChrisB
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2010
        • 5116

        You pretty much get what you pay for....the one at longhorn tatical is "ok"...but it does have a little play and isn't as rock solid as I'd like. But better than nothing if that's all your budget will afford. The primary arms one doesn't "filp" using a the little chrome lever...it requires you to push and pull back to allow it to flip to the side...I didn't like it that much. I have't tried a Larue, but I know it functions like the primary arms but I'm sure is much more of a quality build. My advice FWIW.
        Last edited by TurboChrisB; 03-07-2011, 4:03 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Lost.monkey
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 583

          Originally posted by TurboChrisB
          You pretty much get what you pay for....the one at longhorn tatical is "ok"...but it does have a little play and isn't as rock solid as I'd like. But better than nothing if that's all your budget will afford. The primary arms one doesn't "filp" using a the little chrome lever...it requires you to push and pull back to allow it to flip to the side...I didn't like it that much. I have't tried a Larue, but I know it functions like the primary arms but I'm sure is much more of a quality build. My advice FWIW.
          What kind of play? Wobbles when off to the side, or in place?
          NRA Life Member
          Oathkeeper Life Member

          Comment

          • #6
            steve92407
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 245

            got two of these for free last summer because the play was so bad you could not 0 the elevation, due to play in the upper hinge. the lower 4mm hinge pin is secured with threads. the problem is the upper inside hinge is machined .020 oversized instead of 3 to5 thousands. i drilled out both lower hinge sections and installed a 6 mm pin. recessed both ends and secured with small c clips. i really like these now for my pa magnifiers. play in off to side wont effect you because your not sighting through it.

            Comment

            • #7
              kozumasbullitt
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2009
              • 2912

              Why not just use what comes with the magnifier?

              Comment

              • #8
                steve92407
                Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 245

                they are free and have a quick release ,flip to side. for informational puposes only primary arms does not include free mounts.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1