Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A1 upper ID Help please.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Salter77
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 65

    A1 upper ID Help please.

    Hello All! I have an A1 milspec upper that I would like help with identifying the manufacturer. It was on a rifle that I purchased with more modern parts that I swapped for another upper. 16" barrel 6" handguards A1 upper. the only distinguishing marks are an L and an M offset under the dial. I don't believe its a Colt from what I have seen, but rather a Sako? I know there were military sub contractors who made them. Any info would be helpful. Let me know if you need more photos. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    "THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE LESS YOU NEED"...
  • #2
    G-forceJunkie
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 6485

    Found this on the net, not sure if it applies to the older A1's:

    Forging marks/makers.

    A (splintered) = Anchor Harvey Aluminum

    AF = Alcoa Forge

    C AF = Colt Alco Forge

    C MB = Colt / Mueller Brass

    Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge

    CH = Colt Harvey Aluminum

    CK = Colt / Kaiser Aluminum

    Circle/Crooshairs w/"AR" = ArmaLite

    CM = Colt / Martin Marietta

    D (stylized) = Diemaco

    DK = Diemaco / Kaiser Aluminum

    E = Emco

    EK = EMCO/Kaiser

    E MB = EMCO/Mueller Brass

    F keyhole = FNMI / Cerro Forge

    FA = FNMI / Anchor Harvey

    FK = FNMI / Kaiser Aluminum

    FM = FN/Martin Marietta

    FMB = FNMI / Mueller Brass

    Keyhole = Cerro Forge

    L = Lewis Machine & Tool

    LK = LAR / Kaiser Aluminum

    LM = LAR / Martin Marietta

    M (under diamond) = Mueller Industries

    PA = Capco / Anchor Harvey

    PM = Capco / Martin Marietta

    Comment

    • #3
      CHS
      Moderator Emeritus
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2008
      • 11338

      Originally posted by G-forceJunkie
      Found this on the net, not sure if it applies to the older A1's:

      Forging marks/makers.
      Those markings are meaningless when trying to identify who made an upper.
      Please read the Calguns Wiki
      Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
      --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

      Comment

      • #4
        bjl333
        C3 Contributor
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2009
        • 7010

        Anything under the barrel ???
        Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
        CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
        SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          KaTooM
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 1024

          Un leash the Dogs over at the retro forum...they will square you away!

          arfcom retro
          NRA life member

          Comment

          • #6
            Salter77
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 65

            Thanks for your help gentleman!
            "THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE LESS YOU NEED"...

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1