Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR in Krylon Digital pattern

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Noonanda
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3404

    AR in Krylon Digital pattern

    Well up here in Yucca Valley, the regular desert digital wouldnt work all that good since there is a pretty good amount of green foliage from the scrub brush. So I had some fun with Krylon Light tan, brown, and Olive green. Tell me what you all think. This will definately get used for coyote and varmint hunting.This is my Calguns state lower with a J&T bull barrelled 20" upper. Fairly heavy but I've carried worse lol.




    I'll try to get a few pics of it in the dirt next time I go hunting
    Last edited by Noonanda; 07-20-2010, 7:24 PM.
    "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU
  • #2
    Arias
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 295

    Nice job

    Comment

    • #3
      RobT2K
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 726

      Looks pretty good, I like the pattern. What did you use?

      And what scope/mount combo is that? I'm still looking for something for my 308AR.

      Comment

      • #4
        tomd1584
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2008
        • 5895

        looks good!

        Comment

        • #5
          Mail Clerk
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2008
          • 2324

          What a super nice job you did indeed!!!!:-)

          Mail Clerk

          Comment

          • #6
            bjl333
            C3 Contributor
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2009
            • 7010

            Very nice paint job !!!

            Is the scope mount backwards ???
            Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
            CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
            SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              speedgoat
              Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 125

              That looks really nice.
              Et in Arcadia ego
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                advocatusdiaboli
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2009
                • 5521

                Nice work. Nice Bull M4.--I am jealous. Good color set similar to the ACU. I don't know the terrain there. I would have leaned towards bigger sections of dark markings to break up the silhouette/shape more but that's personal based on terrain I am used to. Let's see your Ghillie suit ;-)
                Last edited by advocatusdiaboli; 07-20-2010, 8:20 PM.
                Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Noonanda
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3404

                  Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli
                  Nice work. Nice Bull M4.--I am jealous. Good color set similar to the ACU. I don't know the terrain there. I would have leaned towards bigger sections of dark markings to break up the silhouette/shape more but that's personal based on terrain I am used to. Let's see your Ghillie suit ;-)
                  the only real difference between this and MARPAT desert is the fact that I used only 3 colors, one which was green instead of the 4 brown colors.

                  Well the problem in my opinion with the Armys ACU is there is too much grey to it, it dont work for crap in a desert enviornment that I have been to, at least not iraq and probably not here in 29 Palms. but YMMV.

                  LOL dont have a ghillie suit, but do use a 1st Gen FROG suit (Fire Resistant Over Garment) in MARPAT for hunting.
                  "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Noonanda
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3404

                    Originally posted by bjl333
                    Very nice paint job !!!

                    Is the scope mount backwards ???
                    It might be but it allows me to get very good eye relief with a fixed stock. Dont know which way is actually correct, guess it depends on the scope and on the shooter
                    "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Notblake
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 512

                      The pattern looks good if not a bit too spread out (which is really common with home made cammo, I know how hard it is to shoot over work that you have already completed and looks good!) The colors look a bit off but I am almost certain that has to with the white balance of the camera and not the paint color itself.

                      Where/how did you get our stencils? I have wanted to do a digi pattern for a while now but every time i try to do a stencil i get frustrated and throw them all in the bin!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Noonanda
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 3404

                        Originally posted by Notblake
                        The pattern looks good if not a bit too spread out (which is really common with home made cammo, I know how hard it is to shoot over work that you have already completed and looks good!) The colors look a bit off but I am almost certain that has to with the white balance of the camera and not the paint color itself.

                        Where/how did you get our stencils? I have wanted to do a digi pattern for a while now but every time i try to do a stencil i get frustrated and throw them all in the bin!
                        I did notice the colors seem off in the picture but I think it is more due to the lighting and the camera. The pavement the rifle is sitting on is grey, while the tan seems to blend in as well.I made the stencils myself, used em a few years ago when I did this


                        all I did was take one of my Cammi tops, and draw a similar shape on a piece of posterboard. then I used an exacto knife and cut em out (this part was a PITA)

                        Here is an uncropped pic with some contrasting colors, i think my camera couldnt handle the colorscheme lol. I dindt want it too crowded, need to ge a pic of it in the dirt
                        "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Notblake
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 512

                          yeah, I have a feeling your camera just washed the colors out of it a bit. I would love to see a picture of it against a dirt background.

                          Anyway kudos man, I know how much balls it takes to put the paint to a gun. (especially a nice one like yours!) The stencils turned out a great pattern, you should be proud!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jvpark
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1793

                            Man... that is Very nice... wondering how well the paint will hold up? Got to keep us updated.

                            Don't lay the gun down when you go hunting... you might not be able to find it... LOL




                            Bodyguard .380 FS/T

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              luchador768
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 3224

                              Good job! When did you get sent to Yucca Valley?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1