Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How solid are high end adjustable stocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • granelli
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 95

    How solid are high end adjustable stocks

    I have felt a tapco ar15 adjustable stock and would never get it due to the cheap quality and wiggle. I'd consider something like magpul or another higher quality collapsible stock. How much wiggle do milspec stocks have or those with the metal tube??

    thanks
  • #2
    sevensix2x51
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3835

    all those stocks are going to have a little play, or else you could never get them into battery (or locked up, or whatever you call it when its in a fixed position.) hell, even fixed buttstocks have some wiggle. its the nature of a modular weapon system. i think, at least.... but i dont know much about that stuff. i just like typing. that said, i have 2 vltor collapsible stocks, and ive never once thougt of them as being "loose," or of low quality, for that matter. if you want collapsible, vltor clubfoot or emod get a hearty thumbs up from me.

    Comment

    • #3
      granelli
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 95

      Very glad you mentioned that, I love the vltor look, is it metal or polycarbonate plastic type stuff? Is the tube metal? Can you get them with a rubber buttpad also?

      Comment

      • #4
        sevensix2x51
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 3835

        the buffer tube is aluminum, the stock itself is poly, and the EMOD i just traded off comes with a rubber buttpad, strike plate, battery tubes and a little container for patches or spare parts or whatever people put into little containers on rifles... its really a great stock.

        Comment

        • #5
          Group B
          Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 490

          I have lmt sopmod on lmt mil buffer tube, and it fits the tube snug.

          Thinking of switching to an ACS + .7" pad though, for more LOP, and I've heard that the ACS is wiggle-free as well, but I need to check it out firsthand.
          "I intend to go in harm's way.... I have a fighting ship and I will never retreat from an enemy force..."

          - CDR E.E. Evans, USN, October 27, 1943
          at USS Johnston's commissioning

          Comment

          • #6
            Pugster
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 964

            Get the Magpul MOE stock. I feel pretty much zero wiggle with the friction-lock locked into place.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dr Rockso
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 3701

              Originally posted by Pugster
              Get the Magpul MOE stock. I feel pretty much zero wiggle with the friction-lock locked into place.
              CTR is the one with the friction lock.

              Comment

              • #8
                Jeffu
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 3380

                You'll like both LMT sopmod & Magpul ACS then
                Girls & Guns

                Comment

                • #9
                  telcolineman
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 2624

                  The LMT and Magpul stocks are very high quality, Magpul's CTR has the friction brake so it doesn't wiggle. I have the Magpul MOE and it wiggles a tiny bit
                  NRA Life Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ZOMBIEHUNTER
                    Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 395

                    The MOE is pretty nice for the price.
                    Jon

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      perpetual otter
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 5093

                      Originally posted by ZOMBIEHUNTER
                      The MOE is pretty nice for the price.
                      There are some unbelievable deals to be had on stocks so the price of a MOE isn't very impressive anymore. There are CTR deals that come with buffer tube, spring and buffer for $120 shipped!
                      I provide opinions...
                      At a rapid rate.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        telcolineman
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 2624

                        Norcal Industries has them here on the board, ArkinDomino is correct $120 shipped
                        Last edited by telcolineman; 06-19-2010, 1:03 AM.
                        NRA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          esskay
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 2304

                          I haven't run all the stocks out there, but the LMT SOPMOD is the snuggest fitting one that I've run (it is well known for this attribute too). ACS still has a little bit of wiggle even with the lock engaged.
                          WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

                          WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

                          WTS KAC rail panels

                          WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Norcal Industries
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 1241

                            CTR, ACS, and UBRs are extremely solid. Once you buy a high end stock you will never want to go back to regular m4 stocks I promise.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              aGunForEachHand
                              Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 334

                              I have a magpul CTR- it is VERY solid and has no wiggle at all.
                              NRA Benefactor Member sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1