Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Sub MOA"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    Super Spy
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 3461

    I had a Browning Falling Block Single Shot in 7mm Rem. I could shoot 3/8" groups at 100 yards with optics. I don't consider myself to be an exceptional shot so the gun was probably capable of better.
    Originally posted by Daytripper63
    "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

    Comment

    • #92
      Endless
      Banned
      • Feb 2010
      • 1881

      Originally posted by reidnez
      3" at 100 yards is plenty good for most purposes. 1.5" is excellent. An accurate gun is an interesting gun, yes, but I think sometimes we get tunnel vision when talking about marksmanship and lose sight of utility. What is it you want to to do with the rifle, and are you and the rifle adequate for that purpose? That's all you need to ask yourself.
      I agree with you. 3 inches at 100 yards is good shooting IMO.

      Comment

      • #93
        joefreas
        • Jan 2010
        • 2421

        Like Harry Potterfield always says, "Only accurate rifles are interesting."
        Midway USA
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

        Originally posted by XDRoX
        Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
        "A true patriot would repeal the patriot act"
        Ron Paul

        Comment

        • #94
          Mendo223
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1536

          everytime im at chabot i see guys shooting like 7inch MOAs hahah. its funny seeing guys with 2500 dollar ar15s with acogs shooting chocolate chip cookie patterns..

          personally i can get like 2-3inches at 50 if im lucky, at 100 forget about it...my AR15 isnt sighted that properly yet still something i gotta work out.

          Comment

          • #95
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57181

            Originally posted by joefreas
            Like Harry Potterfield always says, "Only accurate rifles are interesting."
            ummm, NO.

            Townsend Whelen said that about 70 years earlier.

            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #96
              FMJBT
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 4888

              Harry Potterfield?

              LOL

              This:


              + This:


              = Harry Potterfield???
              U.S. Navy (Retired) 1994-2015

              Comment

              • #97
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57181



                I once bought a stock on ebay from one of larry potterfield's kids.
                From looking at his other feedbacks, he was into punk rock vinyl records as well.
                The stock shipped to me from midway.
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #98
                  joefreas
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 2421

                  Kind of an ongoing joke we have. "And that's the way it is."

                  If you watch Wednesday night at the range you'll get it-
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

                  Originally posted by XDRoX
                  Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
                  "A true patriot would repeal the patriot act"
                  Ron Paul

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1