Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DROSing ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gn3hz3ku1*
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 4276

    DROSing ?

    quick question guys. if i order a few OLLs to the same shop will i have to pay more than just one DROs fee? more than one transfer i know but hopefully i can get a break on the others
  • #2
    DedEye
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2006
    • 8655

    Depends on the dealer. Some of them give breaks such as $15 more for each additional rifle.
    These posts are Fiction. They do not contain legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. Any resemblance to real persons are pure coincidence. These posts may pose an inhalation hazard, reading can be harmful or fatal. No statements made on this forum are meant to represent any corporate or business entity, others, or myself. Especially not myself.

    Stop duping answers, help expand the FAQ.

    Why yes, that is me in my avatar and yes, I AM wearing a life jacket.

    WTS Keltec P11

    Comment

    • #3
      James R.
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 774

      Originally posted by gnehzekul
      quick question guys. if i order a few OLLs to the same shop will i have to pay more than just one DROs fee? more than one transfer i know but hopefully i can get a break on the others
      One DROS, they can DROS numerous long guns in one shot. Most FFL's will give you a deal on multiple transfers charging you full rate for the first and then a slightly discounted rate on the remainder.

      Regards,

      James R.

      Comment

      • #4
        gn3hz3ku1*
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • 4276

        i guess im getting a bunch of OLLs at the same time then. thanks guys

        Comment

        • #5
          mscales5
          Member
          • Dec 2006
          • 126

          Long guns are DROS'd together if done at the same time. There is room on the 4473 for 3 firearms and if you buy more then 3 then the shop can use another 4473 or add them to another sheet of paper and staple it onto the 4473. In CA you can buy multipule long guns on one DROS for one DROS fee. Do NOT let a gun shop try to charge you $25 DROS fees for each long gun purchased at the same time.
          Mike

          "Gun control is not about guns, it is about control"

          Comment

          • #6
            tenpercentfirearms
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Apr 2005
            • 13007

            Originally posted by mscales5
            There is room on the 4473 for 3 firearms and if you buy more then 3 then the shop can use another 4473 or add them to another sheet of paper and staple it onto the 4473.
            God I hope people don't use another 4473 for more guns. I could see that as an excuse for the Feds to ask why you didn't fill the rest of it out and if you are filling the entire thing out twice, man what a pain. If you have multiple 4473s I can see the DOJ saying where are the multiple DROSes and giving you ration about that.

            Here is what I made and I have no problems sharing it with anyone.

            note: crap, that didn't turn out all that well as a text file. It is a XLS file and any dealers who want it can e-mail me. guns@tenpercentfirearms.com
            Attached Files
            www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

            Comment

            • #7
              mike100
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • 2507

              I have been told that up to 4 long guns per DROS. I have bought a pair of rifles/SG's twice at different stores without paying for a second dros.

              Comment

              • #8
                tenpercentfirearms
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Apr 2005
                • 13007

                Originally posted by mike100
                I have been told that up to 4 long guns per DROS. I have bought a pair of rifles/SG's twice at different stores without paying for a second dros.
                We just told you. You can do as many long guns per DROS as you wish. The FFL just has to attach additional sheets to the 4473. There is no limit.
                www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gn3hz3ku1*
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 4276

                  The Feds should be trying to catch criminals.. and i am fairly certain that most of them do not end up DROSing their guns.. THUS DC's high crime rate, even though its illegal to own a handgun there

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1