Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buttstock pad for R700 Milspec 5r

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Justintoxicated
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 3836

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Yes.
    Nice what kind of wrench do you use install/ uninstall them? A strap wrench? I'm not a fan of using brass rods through the holes although maybe it would be easier to do so with these than the QC brake.

    Originally posted by jetman624
    I have a 4 port brake from the link Randal posted installed on my 5r. He timed and tapered it to muzzle.

    I will try to post a pic when I get home.
    Sweet! Thanks!

    Comment

    • #32
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57175

      Originally posted by Justintoxicated
      Nice what kind of wrench do you use install/ uninstall them?
      I use a steel pin in the top holes.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #33
        adamjay
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 1400

        You could also try a shoulder recoil pad.


        I think the slip on stock pads work well to ease the recoil but they are cumbersome and sloppy, IMO. Might be okay from the bench but sucks in the field with a heavy coat trying to shoulder quickly.

        Just suggesting some options.
        'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

        -Abraham Lincoln

        Comment

        • #34
          Justintoxicated
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 3836

          Originally posted by adamjay
          You could also try a shoulder recoil pad.


          I think the slip on stock pads work well to ease the recoil but they are cumbersome and sloppy, IMO. Might be okay from the bench but sucks in the field with a heavy coat trying to shoulder quickly.

          Just suggesting some options.
          I guess that's another option but for a 308, the recoil isn't all that bad, I would mostly be buying the brake so that I could follow my shot better, an the recoil pad to extend the length of the buttstock.
          Last edited by Justintoxicated; 02-11-2015, 1:05 AM.

          Comment

          • #35
            Justintoxicated
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 3836

            I found this link that looks to b exactly what I need.
            Looks like a lot of work though, and I don't have an orbital grinder / sander.
            A few months ago I bought a nice very lightly used Remy 5R Milspec. While the rifle in it's factory form is a great gun I really wanted some adjustability in the stock. Since a new McMillan or AICS stock isn't in my budget right now I searched for some lower cost alternatives. I first added a...


            Anyone make thing like this that would not be so much work?

            Comment

            • #36
              BillyGoatCrawler
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 2583

              I have a big chubby muzzle brake by ratworx and a cheap limb saver recoil pad on my .308 Guys with shorter arms may have length of pull issues with the pad, but I don't.

              I'd definitely get Kcstott or Ar15barrels to do the work for you. As said above, have a threaded cap so you can take it off if you want. Many muzzle brakes have an allen screw to make installation easy.

              It cracks me up when people get a big ego about not "needing" a muzzle brake or pad. Sure you don't need it, but I can tell you my rifle's recoil feels lighter than a .223 and I can spot impacts at 100 yards no problem.

              I shoot prone and keep the rifle really inline with my body. To the point where it feels like it's recoiling into my collar bone. So adding these components help keep shooter flinch down and allow impacts to be spotted very well.

              Gun porn time! My rig:
              Last edited by BillyGoatCrawler; 12-13-2016, 8:10 AM.
              Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1