Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lever action

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    foesgth
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 457

    Color me confused. I guess I don't know what a truck gun is these days(said the old guy). I would never carry a new gun for a truck gun. They get ridden hard and put away wet. My current truck gun is an old bubba hacked SMLE. 10 rounds of 303 british handloaded with 180 grain lead cast bullets. I paid $125 for the gun. That is a truck gun. Check the gun store for something with a little surface rust. Paint it with BBQ paint sight it in @ 50 yards and keep it with you.
    You do not have to be crazy to hang out with me. I'll train you!

    Comment

    • #32
      44fred
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 2399

      Plenty of wisdom with that statement and opinion. If it gets jacked from your truck just report and replace. Easy peasy and your not out much. I'm not that practical.
      "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

      "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

      "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
      -- Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #33
        navydad2010
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 545

        Truck gun

        Originally posted by foesgth
        Color me confused. I guess I don't know what a truck gun is these days(said the old guy). I would never carry a new gun for a truck gun. They get ridden hard and put away wet. My current truck gun is an old bubba hacked SMLE. 10 rounds of 303 british handloaded with 180 grain lead cast bullets. I paid $125 for the gun. That is a truck gun. Check the gun store for something with a little surface rust. Paint it with BBQ paint sight it in @ 50 yards and keep it with you.
        I'm with you, truck gun is supposed to be a beater. I say get old Mosin or SKS for rifle, and used side by side for shotty. Cannot get any more reliable than those!
        Political Correctness is just fascism pretending to be manners-George Carlin

        Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. - James Madison

        Comment

        • #34
          rm1911
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 4073

          30-30 seems a little light for a truck. It'll work on deer and pigs but for trucks you'll need a bigger caliber.
          NRA Life Member since 1990

          They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

          Comment

          • #35
            TMB 1
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2012
            • 7153

            Originally posted by rm1911
            30-30 seems a little light for a truck. It'll work on deer and pigs but for trucks you'll need a bigger caliber.
            It's all about shot placement.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #36
              Kokopelli
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 3444

              I like the innocuous lever.

              The Turks decimated the Russian army with 'em.

              If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. - Ronald Reagan

              Comment

              • #37
                Euphoria526
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 3812

                That's a damn tough question.
                Being an owner of both and MVP AND A 30-30 lever action, it would be hard to decide. I love my mvp but my marlin is my favorite. Kinda makes me wish they made a lever action 5.56 lol
                Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                Originally posted by elpaisa1
                I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                Originally posted by Euphoria526
                I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                Comment

                • #38
                  44fred
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 2399

                  Originally posted by Euphoria526
                  That's a damn tough question.
                  Being an owner of both and MVP AND A 30-30 lever action, it would be hard to decide. I love my mvp but my marlin is my favorite. Kinda makes me wish they made a lever action 5.56 lol
                  Will .223 work for ya?



                  I know it's non traditional, but-----
                  Last edited by 44fred; 05-23-2014, 10:23 AM.
                  "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

                  "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

                  "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
                  -- Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Euphoria526
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 3812

                    Haha completely non traditional and kinda fugly to boot. That and I wouldn't want to spend that much for that lol.
                    I still say get a 30-30 lever action for a truck gun. Quick easy and accurate.
                    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                    I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                    Originally posted by elpaisa1
                    I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                    Originally posted by Euphoria526
                    I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1