I was at my local FFL/gunsmith the other day having him install some night sights on handguns and while we were chatting I mentioned I was planning on buying a lever action in 30-30 and just keeping it as a cheap truck gun. It led to a long discussion and I eventually decided that a shotgun would be a better truck gun because he convinced me that shotguns are cheaper (mav 88), ammo is cheaper, they are much shorter (I can get one with a folding stock which is totally legal according to the flowchart), it doesnt really matter if a smooth bore barrel gets a little rusty and shotguns are easy to work on. He said he hated having to work on lever guns.
However Im curious about what calgunners think about truck guns and lever action rifles? Do you guys agree or disagree with my smith? Do you think a mav 88 is a better gun than say a Marlin 336?
However Im curious about what calgunners think about truck guns and lever action rifles? Do you guys agree or disagree with my smith? Do you think a mav 88 is a better gun than say a Marlin 336?



Comment