Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any Mossberg MVP Shooters out there!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ElvenSoul
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 17431

    Any Mossberg MVP Shooters out there!

    My nephew just got one! I may need one now!
    sigpic
  • #2
    rvicta
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 465

    Not yet. I'm in search of an MVP Predator.

    Comment

    • #3
      tmh1
      Kitchen Operator
      CGN Contributor
      • Nov 2012
      • 1903

      I've got a Patrol model in 308. Love the trigger and smoothness of the action. Waited over a year for the 308's to come out, and glad I did.

      Great gun for a very reasonable price. Relatively light, reliable, accurate and HANDY (short). Takes all sorts of different non-proprietary magazines. Just got some of the ASC 20 rounders which are "formed" to hold the capacity to CA legal 10 (see/buy them at Mag Commander).

      Some folks have expressed concerns regarding the smoothness of the actions, but I think that this has only related to the 223 Patrol at this time. If that is what you are going to get, check the action of the gun you are going to purchase.

      If there are issues with your gun, Mossberg has great customer service. This I've learned mostly from folks who bought their 930 SPX shotguns, which definitely had some teething and quality issues early on as Mossberg couldn't keep up with the demand for them.

      Get one!

      sigpic
      "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

      Comment

      • #4
        X-NewYawker
        In Memoriam
        • May 2008
        • 5993

        Mine was very accurate (24 inch Predator model) but the bolt handle throw was so long it used o almost hit the side of the Leupold scope I put on there to replace the BArska that came with the kit. I sold it to a friend who didn't have a modern bolt gun and he is scoring hits on the 300 yard silhouettes at Angeles with ease. He is VERY happy. If you have a lot of AR mags from before the original ban, its a great way to use them.

        Comment

        • #5
          Grumpyoldretiredcop
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2008
          • 6437

          I have a Predator and am happy with it. My only wish is that Mossberg would make it in left hand.
          I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

          Comment

          • #6
            X-NewYawker
            In Memoriam
            • May 2008
            • 5993

            Originally posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop
            I have a Predator and am happy with it. My only wish is that Mossberg would make it in left hand.
            Just FYI Savage makes just about EVERY variation of their guns left-handed, and Ruger's gun site scout comes left handed.

            Comment

            • #7
              Grumpyoldretiredcop
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2008
              • 6437

              ^ Yup, which is why I bought a Scout Rifle instead of waiting for the MVP to come out in .308. Truthfully, the only thing that caused me to pick up the MVP is its ability to use standard AR mags... something that Savage doesn't do. Otherwise, I'd have had a Savage in the safe, they're good rifles. Mossberg could learn a thing or two from them if they'd pay attention.
              I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

              Comment

              • #8
                Euphoria526
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 3812

                I looooove my MVP predator. Very accurate out of the box and beautiful to shoot.
                That and you should see the look when people watch me switch my AR mags onto a bolt action. Lol. Priceless
                Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                Originally posted by elpaisa1
                I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                Originally posted by Euphoria526
                I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                Comment

                • #9
                  OpticsPlanet
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2129

                  MDT just came out with a chassis system for the MVP. Not everyone likes them, but I'm a fan:

                  MDT Precision Rifle Chassis, Magazines, Bipods, Upgrades and Accessories for precision firearms.


                  Trevor B.
                  CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

                  OpticsPlanet
                  http://www.opticsplanet.com
                  Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
                  Send us a private message if we can be of help!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Grumpyoldretiredcop
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 6437

                    If Mossberg doesn't hurry up and make their Flex stock available, I might have to suck it up and buy one of those chassis... it'd keep my left thumb from being cut by the bolt, shooting left handed. My wallet will cry, though.
                    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GREASY357
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 1684

                      Originally posted by OpticsPlanet
                      MDT just came out with a chassis system for the MVP. Not everyone likes them, but I'm a fan:

                      MDT Precision Rifle Chassis, Magazines, Bipods, Upgrades and Accessories for precision firearms.


                      Trevor B.
                      That is cool, I think I'm set on which chassis for my SPS tactical.. And I think I need a Mossberg MVP. Sorry wallet
                      War is mostly waiting.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        deckhandmike
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 8325

                        Anyone heard anything about lefty models in the future? I want one so bad but not enough to get a RH bolt gun.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ElvenSoul
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 17431

                          Anybody know if the chassis takes Magpul?
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GREASY357
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 1684

                            ^
                            The LSS Chassis system for the Mossberg MVP accepts .223 AR-15 magazines.
                            I would call to confirm
                            War is mostly waiting.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              3006mv
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 1979

                              i am waiting for one in a scout base 7.62x35
                              "when I hear 'meat is murder' (sic) I think murder is delicious" - Stephen Colbert interview with Morrisey 09.10.12

                              I plead the 2nd.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1