Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NEW Lever Rifle from Smith & Wesson!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sealocan
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 9956

    Well some of the opinions so far from us calgunners makes me think this might not be Smith & Wesson's hot seller but maybe in other areas of the country it might be.

    Comment

    • #17
      ir0nclash86
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 3609

      At 3500 im not going to even bother looking into this. To think, people thought the chiappa was overpriced.

      Comment

      • #18
        bigbossman
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2012
        • 11280

        Originally posted by ir0nclash86
        At 3500 im not going to even bother looking into this. To think, people thought the chiappa was overpriced.
        I can get a genuine vintage Winchester for a lot less than that.
        Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

        "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

        Comment

        • #19
          theLBC
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2017
          • 7391

          keep in mind the walnut stock version is a "limited edition". they will only sell 1854 of them, so not all that limited.

          anyway, i don't want another caliber but i heard they run real smooth.

          Comment

          • #20
            John Browning
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2006
            • 8089

            S&W Engineering said that they started with the .44 so that they can go up or down, and that the frame rails can 'go wider.' In my mind, that means .500 S&W.

            I see zero reason to buy this over a Ruger made Marlin at the same price. However, stick a .460 or a .500 version on the market, and then it becomes compelling.

            I'll still be buying the Ruger made SBL .45-70 anyway, but this S&W will get a bigger cartridge if they sell enough to show demand is there for a Smith lever.
            For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

            For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

            Originally posted by KWalkerM
            eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

            Comment

            • #21
              caldog
              Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 437

              I would be very interested if chambered in a 500 SW Mag, either by Ruger or Smith and Wesson. It should be affordable, in the $1200 range.

              Comment

              • #22
                Dirtlaw
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2018
                • 3480

                I am a sucker for lever guns

                All of them attract me. When I die and my wife finds out how many I have she's gonna kill me.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Buddy Shagmore
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 30

                  If and when they offer it in .357, I would like to check it out, compare it to the Henry Big Boy X and the Rugerlin 1894. What's up with Henry? Can't find an X anywhere.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Grendel Guy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3050

                    Originally posted by CamW
                    If they make it in .41 Magnum I'm in. My Model 57 needs a companion.
                    Me too, for the same reason.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      W.R.Buchanan
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3401

                      OK: I actually handled one of these this last week at the SHOT Show!

                      It was NOT $4000!!! it was around $1350. It is another Marlin variant. They started with .44 Spec/Mag. .357 will be next and then maybe .45 LC. There was also a .30-30 version. The Pistols Caliber gun had a Round Bolt like the 336/.30-30 version, one departure from the basic Marlin Design.

                      The machining on the guns I handled was excellent. They don't have a Transfer Bar Safety like the Henry/Marlins do. Regular Half Cock. They also have the Edge Break on the Chamber Mouth like I got RUMAR to do, and they didn't even consult me before doing it?

                      All in all they will sell a lot of these. They are nice guns even if they are a significant departure from everything S&W has made in the past. The S&W quality is there! Obviously they think the Tactical Levergun idea is taking off?

                      The guy I was talking to about these didn't even know who Elmer Keith was and thought the .44 Magnum was invented by S&W, he also didn't understand why that chamfer was on the back end of the barrel cuz at 60+ years old he'd never heard of a SWC? Or Keith? and he works for S&W? Go figure.

                      Randy
                      Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                      Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                      Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                      Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                      It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                      www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        bergmen
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 2493

                        Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                        OK: I actually handled one of these this last week at the SHOT Show!

                        It was NOT $4000!!! it was around $1350.
                        This for the wood stocked model? If so, why do they list it on their website for $3499.00?

                        Marlin's wood stock 1894 series (with checkering BTW) list at $1279.00, a FAR better deal in my book.

                        Dan

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          sghart
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 1262

                          Randy,

                          You are right about the lack of historical knowledge. I have had more than a few run ins with gun store experts who were flat out wrong about my S&W revolvers and my old Marlins, just to name a few examples.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            golfish
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 10127

                            Originally posted by W.R.Buchanan
                            OK: I actually handled one of these this last week at the SHOT Show!

                            It was NOT $4000!!! it was around $1350. It is another Marlin variant.
                            Ok: not sure you're actually reading this thread ? Two different guns and totally two different prices.

                            Obviously you didn't spend enough time at the S&W booth, come on man ..

                            Or maybe your confused with another manufacturer?


                            Since 1852 we’ve been an industry leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shooting accessories. We continue to bring innovative firearms to market that meet the needs of every shooter and deliver on exceptional quality with a brand you’ve learned to trust.
                            Last edited by golfish; 01-27-2024, 6:48 PM.
                            It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                            Happiness is a warm gun.

                            MLC, First 3

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Elgatodeacero
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 1297

                              Weird product for Smith, given the competing Henry and Marlin, but seems like a good rifle.

                              The deluxe version is competing with Big Horn at the high end, and the Big Horn is so awesome it is hard to resist??



                              I am glad S&W is trying new things.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                W.R.Buchanan
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 3401

                                Originally posted by golfish
                                Ok: not sure you're actually reading this thread ? Two different guns and totally two different prices.

                                Obviously you didn't spend enough time at the S&W booth, come on man ..

                                Or maybe your confused with another manufacturer?


                                https://www.smith-wesson.com/products/1854

                                Yeah that was a typo on their Website. $2000 for just the wood? Come on man

                                There was a Wood Stocked .30-30 right next to it and I didn't look at the price, but it damn sure wasn't $2000 more. The only real difference in the two guns was the Length of the Receiver. The wood wasn't all that.

                                Randy
                                Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                                Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                                Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                                Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                                It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                                www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1