Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rossi .357 Lever -- problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ranchogunner
    Member
    • Jun 2016
    • 125

    Rossi .357 Lever -- problem

    I have shot easily 1000 or more rounds from my Rossi R92 .357/38, maybe 2000. It always shot fine, then suddenly, the ejector breaks. That's #27 on the parts blow up for anybody who is familiar with this gun. It just broke in half.

    So I called Rossi and they said that part was "restricted" and they could not send it to me, but I could send the gun to them for fixing at only $90 for shipping and repairs. Ok sounded good, but after a few weeks they tell me the gun is unfixable because "the frame is out is specs". I asked them what that meant, and she said they cannot explain. It could be many things. What? I asked to talk to a tech support guy and she said they would not be able, or even allowed to answer that either. It sounded like this was some sort of top secret thing that nobody can discuss. They gave me the option of buying a new gun at a discount or sending mine back. I have not decided yet. But my question is -- does anybody know what they are talking about when they say "the frame is out is specs"? I don't want to pay a gunsmith to repair it if it has major structural issues. Anybody know about this?
  • #2
    terry4130
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 636

    Comment

    • #3
      golfish
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2013
      • 10124

      Don't send it to Rossi....
      Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
      Steve's Gunz Replacement Ejector [EJ-92] - This ejector will work in all the Rossi 92’s. But, it will require fitting. Rossi has been making the 92 copy since the 60’s. Their specs have been all over the place. So, I make these ejectors slightly oversized to be fitted. Because they are oversize they will also work


      Check out Rossi-Rifleman.com
      Last edited by golfish; 01-12-2022, 4:31 PM.
      It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
      Happiness is a warm gun.

      MLC, First 3

      Comment

      • #4
        M1NM
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2011
        • 7966

        Steve's Gunz Replacement Ejector [EJ-92] - This ejector will work in all the Rossi 92’s. But, it will require fitting. Rossi has been making the 92 copy since the 60’s. Their specs have been all over the place. So, I make these ejectors slightly oversized to be fitted. Because they are oversize they will also work


        They won't sell you a part because it has to be fitted to your gun.

        They aren't going to transfer your call from the office to some guy in the shop to tell you what's wrong. They might not even do the warranty work and have some local guy working on them.
        Get your gun back and shop elsewhere for an ejector. Ruger won't even send an "unrepairable" gun back.

        Comment

        • #5
          Kerplow
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2009
          • 8875

          Originally posted by M1NM
          https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.p...products_id=25

          They won't sell you a part because it has to be fitted to your gun.

          They aren't going to transfer your call from the office to some guy in the shop to tell you what's wrong. They might not even do the warranty work and have some local guy working on them.
          Get your gun back and shop elsewhere for an ejector. Ruger won't even send an "unrepairable" gun back.
          How does that work? Do they replace it or just flat out refuse to return your property?
          Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
          My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ranchogunner
            Member
            • Jun 2016
            • 125


            Yes, its very strange. I have sent other guns back for repair, but Rossi is acting very strange about this. I have never heard of a small part being "restricted"

            Comment

            • #7
              Ranchogunner
              Member
              • Jun 2016
              • 125

              Originally posted by golfish
              Don't send it to Rossi....
              Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
              Steve's Gunz Replacement Ejector [EJ-92] - This ejector will work in all the Rossi 92’s. But, it will require fitting. Rossi has been making the 92 copy since the 60’s. Their specs have been all over the place. So, I make these ejectors slightly oversized to be fitted. Because they are oversize they will also work


              Check out Rossi-Rifleman.com
              Yes, I know about stevesgunz, I actually called and talked to him. I thought $49 was high for that little part, so I decided to send it to Rossi. He actually makes those himself, so I guess that would justify the high price.

              But now I don't know if I want to spend anything on this gun after Rossi says "the frame is out is specs". That's why I wanted to see if any of you guys had heard of this before

              Comment

              • #8
                golfish
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2013
                • 10124

                Originally posted by Ranchogunner
                Yes, its very strange. I have sent other guns back for repair, but Rossi is acting very strange about this. I have never heard of a small part being "restricted"
                Its normal for Rossi. They don't like sending parts, and most of the time they don't like sending parts that they don't have.

                All parts are shipped horse and wagon and then row boat to Florida.

                Also watch your debit card after dealing with them.
                It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                Happiness is a warm gun.

                MLC, First 3

                Comment

                • #9
                  SkyHawk
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 23531

                  Wow. Last time I ever buy a Rossi I guess...
                  Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-12-2022, 5:58 PM.
                  Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ranchogunner
                    Member
                    • Jun 2016
                    • 125

                    Originally posted by golfish
                    Its normal for Rossi. They don't like sending parts, and most of the time they don't like sending parts that they don't have.

                    All parts are shipped horse and wagon and then row boat to Florida.

                    Also watch your debit card after dealing with them.

                    Yeah, I am getting a negative attitude towards Rossi too. They offered to sell me a new rifle at a discount, like about 35% off, but I turned that down. I am just going to have them send my rifle back.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      golfish
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 10124

                      lol, a new rifle ???

                      I wonder what that price was. The last 2 Rossi's that I bought were around $465.00 from Buds. 35% off of that might fly. Then you can fix the broken erjector.
                      It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                      Happiness is a warm gun.

                      MLC, First 3

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Ranchogunner
                        Member
                        • Jun 2016
                        • 125

                        Originally posted by golfish
                        lol, a new rifle ???

                        I wonder what that price was. The last 2 Rossi's that I bought were around $465.00 from Buds. 35% off of that might fly. Then you can fix the broken erjector.

                        They said I could get this gun https://rossiusa.com/firearms/lever-...ilian-hardwood

                        ...which shows on their website at $790, for $520. They would then "destroy" my old gun if I bought this new one. I did not take the bait.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          stormvet
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 12681

                          Weird isn’t Rossi just a rebranded Taurus. Admittedly it’s been almost 10 years but I’ve got a Taurus PT22 that broke two parts in the first 1000 rounds. Both times I called them and they shipped me replacement parts for no charge. I always thought that was a good cost saving policy for them, when you have a product that’s known to brake it’s a lot cheaper to just send out replacement parts then to have to fix the gun.
                          Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            splithoof
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2015
                            • 6028

                            It might be worth the $50 + shipping to a well regarded gunsmith, who works on lever-action rifles, to find out what’s really going on. Sounds like you have one you have already spoken with, who has a solid reputation. I’d go that route. In the event that it is indeed “not repairable”, you might be able to sell it as a parts kit after torching the receiver.
                            In any event, I’d be likely to wait until Ruger releases a version in the caliber you like, or spring for a Miroku if it’s a good one.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              baih777
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 5680

                              Originally posted by Kerplow
                              How does that work? Do they replace it or just flat out refuse to return your property?
                              I had a Ruger RPR in 556 i had to send in.
                              It was considered unrepairable. My choices.
                              Return the broken rifle.
                              Rechamber the rifle to another short action caliber.
                              Or full refund.
                              I took the full refund. I had the receipts for the rifle and DROS. They gave a check for all of it including the tax.

                              Good thing i always keep my receipts.
                              Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                              I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                              I'm Back.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1