Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Best bedding compound?
Collapse
X
-
Don't do that. Just skim bed the block. Aluminum >>>> any bedding compound.
I like Marine Tex and JB Weld. AcraGlas gel was OK. Steel Bed has metal granules in it as I recall, not good for skim bedding.
Don't ruin that stock, HS know what they are doing.
If you don't like the skim bedding, you can always break out the dremel and mangle the stock later.Comment
-
Skimming the bedding block doesn’t do a whole lot. If you bed the action to the block but not the block to the stock the action will still move around, it defeats the purpose of bedding.Don't do that. Just skim bed the block. Aluminum >>>> any bedding compound.
I like Marine Tex and JB Weld. AcraGlas gel was OK. Steel Bed has metal granules in it as I recall, not good for skim bedding.
Don't ruin that stock, HS know what they are doing.
If you don't like the skim bedding, you can always break out the dremel and mangle the stock later.
Saying to skim the block, then saying aluminum is better than bedding compound is an oxymoron.
Edit: tried to fix spelling and accidentally duplicated post. My bad.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,696
Posts: 25,150,547
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22588 users online. 87 members and 22501 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment