Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking to buy 6.5CM.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    mmlook
    Member
    • Feb 2018
    • 324

    Originally posted by TomReloaded
    Dinging a huge gong at 1000 yards is pretty awesome. Even with a lot of misses. Nothing wrong with that, and a great way to spend a Saturday.

    I'd imagine 1000 yard competitive shooting has more strict rules that dictate how you setup the gun though, right? I think most people shooting 1k are just looking for the occasional clong noise really far away.

    From what I've seen, basically everyone asking about shooting at 1k is just looking for the fun gong ring... And then people go wild recommending stuff that will do no better than a $300 savage and any old 24x scope.
    not so much on setup, more on shooting ability and understanding your gear and ballistics

    most competitions, you cannot walk the bullet in.

    if you aren't within 2-3moa on the first shot, you are done for the day.

    Comment

    • #32
      WAP
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 44

      Both my son and I have Bergara B14 BMRs in 6.5 cm.
      We highly recommend them.

      Comment

      • #33
        splithoof
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2015
        • 6037

        Originally posted by hermosabeach
        Sorry. T3




        6.5 creedmoor is an amazing round... I would spend more of the rifle and upgrade rings, optics and mounts later.

        Comment

        • #34
          splithoof
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2015
          • 6037

          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Most non-professional/competitive shooters idea of 1000yd shooting is setting up a 24x36 silhouette plate at 1000yds and walking shots in until they get a hit.
          Then they proclaim that that made the 1000yd hit.
          The wind troubles them greatly so they tend to forget that they only got on the plate 10-20% of the time when bragging to their friends.

          I see this over and over when shooting in places with the general public that have 900-1000yd plates which are usually 3moa or larger.
          That is so very true.
          Making hits, under time pressure that for the shooter and spotter start when the boots hit the dirt, and only being granted two shots from field positions on targets of various sizes takes lots of practice, and isn't cheap. In my humble experience, the rifle is usually the least expensive component in the beginning.

          Comment

          • #35
            bigbossman
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2012
            • 11280

            Originally posted by NapalmCheese
            I took a tour of this place a while back: https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/category/custom-rifles-43

            For 10k they'll build you a rifle, do the load dev, setup your turrets and scope, give you the load data, give you the dope, and package it all up in a nice box with all matching stuff and practically guarantee a first round hit at 1000 yards so long as you do your part.

            I mean, if you're willing to spend $1500 on a rifle, and another $1000 on a scope you're already a 4th of the way to a Gunwerks package and you haven't had to take any days off, pump any gas, wear down your tires, buy reloading equipment, do any testing, or anything! Hell, they'll even let you finance it.
            You forgot the most important part of the deal..... Free T-shirt!!!
            Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

            "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

            Comment

            • #36
              TATER313
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 1481

              Originally posted by Drivedabizness
              Respectfully - as a former USMC Shooting Team Member - do you have/or planning to get - the training to shoot at 1000+ yards? If not - it won't be cheap or easy to get. The rifle will be a very small part of the cost/effort
              I actually took classes in Georgia when I was stationed at Ft Benning with 3/75 back in the mid 80's. Definitely will have to brush up on my knowledge. It has been over 16 years since I shot 1000+. I have some of my old materials in some box to read up on.

              Comment

              • #37
                Dimitri A.
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 931

                I would get the Bergara. For one, as others have mentioned, it's based on the Remington 700 platform, so you'll have accessories and upgrades galore to choose from. The T3 platform is gaining in popularity as well, and as it does, so too is aftermarket support, though still not to the degree as the model 700. Another reason is that Bergara's B-14 action is a model 700 that doesn't suck; the quality is excellent considering what you pay for, and like the Tikka, the B-14 action is really slick and smooth.

                I have heard people complain that the blued Bergaras rust easily. I took mine out this deer season in D14 and it rained on us pretty good. My rifle didn't rust, but I also take really good care of my guns, including wiping them down with an oily rag after every hunting trip or range outing. I will say though that their QC inspectors leave a little to be desired. When I purchased mine and took it to the range for the first time, my groups were opening up pretty wildly from one shot to the next. I thought I had gotten a lemon. Imagine my surprise when I picked up my rifle from the rest only to have the action rock forward in the stock. They basically neglected to torque down the action screws before it left from the factory. This seems to be a pretty common occurrence as I've read about it here and on other forums, so I'd check your action screws if you end up getting one. Besides that, it's been flawless and exceeds Bergara's promised 1 MOA guarantee.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1